N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game Is Here!

I know there's been a bit of a little blitz of EN Publishing stuff the last few days. You wait ages for a bus, and then three turn up at once! Anyhow... for What's OLD is NEW fans, it's a big day, because the final part of the trilogy of OLD, NOW, and NEW is here. N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game is finally here!

I know there's been a bit of a little blitz of EN Publishing stuff the last few days. You wait ages for a bus, and then three turn up at once! Anyhow... for What's OLD is NEW fans, it's a big day, because the final part of the trilogy of OLD, NOW, and NEW is here. N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game is finally here!

now_intro.jpg

EXPERIENCE ADRENALINE-FUELED ACTION IN THIS VERSATILE TABLETOP GAME OF MODERN ADVENTURE!

• Elite spies fight ninjas on snow-covered rooftops.
  • Martial-artists perform incredible chi-powered feats.
  • Technology-laden burglars infiltrate wealthy corporations.
  • Mutants with extra-ordinary powers hide themselves from the public.
  • Soldiers of fortune help those who cannot help themselves.
  • Dark vigilantes prowl the night, hunting cowardly criminals.
  • Artificially enhanced operative work deep behind enemy lines.
  • Rugged explorers uncover ancient ruins and long-lost treasures.
  • Lone crusaders investigate crimes where the authorities cannot.
Play a secret agent, a weary investigator, an elite hacker, or a shadowy ninja. Are you a roving reporter, a kung-fu expert, or a weathered soldier? Dozen of modern careers await you!

This roleplaying game allows you to create and run adventures in any modern setting, from the late 1800s to the 21st century.

• Four heritages (Human, Mutant, Augmented, and Chosen) and dozens of careers from lawyers to ninjas which allow you to create any modern character with a fun, intuitive life-path system.
  • A wide variety of modern equipment, from the weapons of WW2 to the high-tech gadgets of secret agents. Drive an Aston Martin DB5, brandish a Magnum .45, or use an experimental jetpack.
  • Full rules for running the game, including fast but tactical combat, environments, and extended martial arts and vehicle rules.
  • Extensive guidelines for building your own contemporary game setting, including rules of creating careers, foes, and more, with discussions concerning genre, themes and technology.
Whether you're an elite team operating undercover, a military unit, a group of vampire hunters, or apocalyptic survivors, N.O.W. has you covered!

This is a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. core rulebook.

242910.jpg

[video=youtube;JCWXdO_uui4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCWXdO_uui4[/video]​

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh. I hate to admit it, but the ninjas sold me on this setting.

I like modern, especially near future to explore the cultural implications of accelerating technology. (The chosens, augmenteds, mutants, are great here.)

But, you know. Ninjas.

The whole James Bond vibe, really pulled the setting together for me.

In that case, you’ll love the dozen or so martial arts careers and the section on Bond-style gadgets!

VGmaster9

Explorer
Heh. I hate to admit it, but the ninjas sold me on this setting.

I like modern, especially near future to explore the cultural implications of accelerating technology. (The chosens, augmenteds, mutants, are great here.)

But, you know. Ninjas.

The whole James Bond vibe, really pulled the setting together for me.

Some Urban Fantasy would be nice too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some Urban Fantasy would be nice too.

If only there was a setting or three coming! :)

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_3584.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 1,170

S

Sunseeker

I wouldn't doubt there'll be plenty more where that came from.

There's certainly a multitude of B-movies to rip off.

Not that I have a problem with doing that. But some of these seem rather close to other people's copyright.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So the inevitable question... when is it going to be ready for POD? :cool:

Heh. Every book gets that question. Same answer every time! :)

PoD files have been uploaded to DTRPG. We wait for them to approve them (1d12 days), then we order a proof copy, which they print and then send to us +1d12 days), and then we check the proof copy and if it's OK we make the PoD available. So anything from 2 days to a month, assuming the proof copy doesn't come out wrong.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Ok. I'm gonna be that guy: Is there a link to any document that goes over the mechanics of this game that would get me to pick it over some other game? The previews on drivethru don't actually go into that... at least the ones that I looked at.

Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ok. I'm gonna be that guy: Is there a link to any document that goes over the mechanics of this game that would get me to pick it over some other game? The previews on drivethru don't actually go into that... at least the ones that I looked at.

Nevermind. Found it.

Glad you found it, but for other folks here's the link:

www.woinrpg.com

(An entire website, including an SRD).

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads