D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So about what just happened with the troll - there is no point in casting shield for Kalorn since it's a critical (a hit so fast and true a warding spell is impossible!), but I have a few questions.

1: So I'm not entirely sure on the timing - does Kalorn get healed first then hurt, does it all sort of happen at the same time? In other words, did I take a net of 4 or 12 points of damage?

2: in my mind if the first attack was vs troll 1 and the second vs troll 2, then second roll of the 2nd set should have been used, but... I can see how your interpretation of what I wrote down is just as fair so, oh well. :) Not *too* shabby a round so far. Maybe Presto can get in a good clobber.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
1: Kalorn gets his 9 (Bringing him to full) and THEN he takes the Crit.
2: Nah. First attack kills Troll1, so he does his first attack against Troll2.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I guess so? Weird. I had you at 55/63 on my last notes but I *remember* you being at 62/63. Now I'm not sure if an update of mine got saved. Either way, I guess you're at 50/63 now!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I guess so? Weird. I had you at 55/63 on my last notes but I *remember* you being at 62/63. Now I'm not sure if an update of mine got saved. Either way, I guess you're at 50/63 now!

That part I can explain at least! I was at 62/63 because I had 7 temp HP from my fiendish vigor invocation. So that took most of the damage from the first hit, and I only took 1 hp of real damage. This is why the healing, due to timing, was mostly wasted (unless it all sorts of happens together)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm not 100% sure I was supposed to do that concentration check (now on the road), but I did it and I passed it, so we are all good.

... wait, Kalorn got hit *twice* - the first time he barely took any damage, but he did take some. Off to another concentration check I go!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The illusion, (if it's still there) would give you the cover you need to be able to hide in it, but you'd still have to use the Hide action to get advantage on attacks from being inside it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases