WOIN Roll20 for WOIN

knikpiw

Explorer
I just wanted to point out that although WOIN is not a listed game in Roll20, it still has its own character sheets and so on on the website.

The best way to find What's OLD is NEW on Roll20 would be the use of keywords. (I personally just use WOIN and sci fi)

I just wanted to say this to encourage people to use this and to find other people to play with others online.

knikpiw

Explorer
The Fantasy Grounds appears to me a more refined and better supported platform, but the Roll20 dodges the 56$ price tag

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Fantasy Grounds appears to me a more refined and better supported platform, but the Roll20 dodges the 56$ price tag

I don't use either - I'm not trying to sell either to you. Just saying what I know in the hopes it's helpful to somebody.

Last edited:

I'd agree and say I've been very happy with the Roll20 sheet.

My group has been using the WOIN page on Roll20 for a little over a year, first with conversions of old Game Mechanics d20 Modern adventures and currently with a Star Wars campaign. Most of us use a Google Sheets page to plan our characters, and then input the values to the Roll20 sheets.

It works pretty well and the combat macros account for modifying attack and damage by trading dice.

A nice feature of Roll20 is setting maps to squares (for character scale) or hexes (for starship combat).

There are a few minor issues. The sheet is still Version 1 so there isn't a Vital Defense. I added it under the Combat Tab under Armor. The other is that the skill for Initiative doesn't add the character to the roster. A programmer in our group made a macro for it and we added it under the Attributes and Abilities page. Last, the Maximum Dice Pool isn't always limited to Grade.

Below are screenshots of different tabs of my character's sheet. The Attributes values are rendering slightly to the left of their respective boxes in the browser, but I think that is recent issue. XP is only 45 because we are doing advancing by Grade and using ad hoc XP.

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.35.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.36.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.36.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 1.36.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Brian I

First Post
I've been having good luck with Roll20 lately, and would be open to running a game of WOIN (NEW?) with it, if I can find some interested players. I'd be thinking weekends, pacific time, although there's possibility of a short weeknight game.

Any folks interested?

M3woods

Explorer
I've been having good luck with Roll20 lately, and would be open to running a game of WOIN (NEW?) with it, if I can find some interested players. I'd be thinking weekends, pacific time, although there's possibility of a short weeknight game.

Any folks interested?
I'd be interested depending on play time. I'm on the East Coast so three hours in the future.

Brian I

First Post
I'd be interested depending on play time. I'm on the East Coast so three hours in the future.
Excellent. I do some gaming with friends on the East Coast, so should be do-able. Ping me and let me know what time blocks might work for your schedule.

knikpiw

Explorer
I'd love to join. I live in west europe so GMT 0 so it may not be doable. But I was wondering if there was any way of finding WOIN or NEW listings on Roll20, I know for myself that I put in WOIN, NEW and sci fi in the tags, but the only way people actually found my game was from the starting soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases