WOIN Android Modifications

knikpiw

Explorer
My group had a few questions about exactly how many Upgrades an Android character should get at the start.

Do you get one modification for free as a species exploit, or does it use your free Universal exploit to do so? Can you swap out any career exploit for the System Upgrade universal exploit?

My personal understanding is that you do get a free exploit from the species, and can also choose to use your free universal exploit for another upgrade if you wish (though you don't have to). You can further replace any career exploit with an upgrade if you want. So a maximally upgraded grade 5 starting Android could have as many as seven upgrades (1 from species, 1 from the free universal exploit, and 5 more in place of career exploits). Did I count that correctly?

The main issue is that some of the android exploits seem better than a lot of the universal ones, and even many career exploits. For instance, getting 5 soak for being armored is pretty good. I suspect it's not as impressive later on when character wealth is high enough that everybody can afford more expensive higher-quality gear (since it an android's built in armor doesn't stack with worn armor, and has no quality). The first armor upgrade is really good (relative to other exploits that give SOAK), but the Improved armor upgrade to improve it later is much less efficient.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I answer this exact question yesterday! Is Steven Barker in your group? Once more with feeling! :)

You get one free and can get more with universal exploits.

knikpiw

Explorer
Hahaha, I only see the page 2 for that thread now, my bad, I thought it was un-replied so I copy and pasted the question.

I'm also the one who argued this with Steven Barker :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases