D&D 5E An Alternative Dark Sun Conversion

Dispater

Explorer
Hi,
I've included a new conversion to D&D 5e Dark Sun. Some rules have been tweaked a bit. There's 9 player classes and 7 NPC classes, new rules for magic and psionics. The templar has two classes, templar and high templar, plus other rules for armor, dying and combat.
Hopefully this can help you solve the preserving/defiling conundrum, and inspires you to play more DS or the more low-magic calibre!
Cheers!

Download it here:

:lol:

Last edited:

Dispater

Explorer
I've not. Point me to the right direction for that.
The Dragon Kings is interesting, a development of DS, but I prefer the original setting, because, I don't know, tradition. ;)

Zardnaar

Legend
Hi,
I've included a new conversion to D&D 5e Dark Sun. Some rules have been tweaked a bit. There's 9 player classes and 7 NPC classes, new rules for magic and psionics. The templar has two classes, templar and high templar, plus other rules for armor, dying and combat.
Hopefully this can help you solve the preserving/defiling conundrum, and inspires you to play more DS or the more low-magic calibre!
Cheers!
:lol:

Reading through it now you are a bit further ahead than I am.

Dispater

Explorer
Admin - can you please delete this thread? I have completed the conversion and would like to upload the final version to the files.

Last edited:

Surlymat

First Post
This is by far my favorite darksun conversion. I really like the templars, and the amount of work that went into trying to really preserve the psionics class properly rather than just reskinning magic as psionics.

I really like the mana die for fueling spells. I am going to gratefully use your material thank you. I may however jig the magic/mana die a little I think... I had been toying with adding experience bonuses which were super easy for defliers as you have rightfully put else where that the key for them was the rapid power progression.

Many many thanks. I just haven't enjoyed other's conversions nearly so much as yours.

Will you add half giant to the race list to round it out or do you prefer people not to play them..

Dispater

Explorer
I used 5e as a base.

But the classes all have been tinkered with, to get rid of what i felt wasnt really a very good fit from the very high-fantasy flavor of 5e, into a more gitty DS campaign. I did read a lot from the 4e version and used the surivial system heavily.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases