[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

hero4hire

Explorer
Ooc: [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] If Prestige fails his Will. Rumble is going to use Extra Effort to whack him. If you let me know I can squeeze in an addendum describing it.

Shayuri

First Post
Hah hah! It worked!

Delighted to see her old nemesis returning to the world of solidity, Kitsune flung a hand out and concentrated. A wave of 'false' solidity congealed around Baron Havok's enchanted staff and convulsed violently, trying to tear it from his grasp and sail it across the room to her!

(Telekinesis to try to steal the staff! I think that's a contest of power vs strength? Assuming so, she rolls [roll0] on TK strength. As a free action, whether she gets the staff or not, she'll reallocate that array to her defenses after the attempt. :))

GreenKarl

First Post
The Shadow missed the alien in front of him. While the alien did not seem to communicated in anything like a human would with a mouth, the shadowy hero got the distinctive impression that it was smirking at him! Silver Streak was staggering back from the last laser bolt but he steeled his will and shock off the worst of the effects and calling on all his reserves against blasted the last of the aliens with another lighting ball of electricity. Throwing two of the aliens back only a single riflemen remained, still aiming at the speedster. Rumble gets a fairly good read on the villain facing him and readies his attack for maximum affect. Princess Starlight flew straight into Baron Havok and knocked him back a step. For an old looking professor the fellow was made a stern stuff. He grinned at Princess as his eyes began to glow. At near the same instant Kitsune ripped the staff from the Baron’s Hands and tossed it down the hallway. It was then that she remember she did something similar last year in the warehouse when she first faced the villainous profession… and the staff was more a prop that anything to do with his powers!

The Baron’s eyes grew deep and almost hypnotic when he spoke in a soothing voice “Kitsune is not your friend my dear, she is an evil double agent! Be a good lass and please kill her for me.” The four armed alien also had recovered from much of his injuries last round and slashed the Princess in the back! The last two of the aliens continues to attack, the laser bolt missing Silver Streak while the alien saber slashed into the Shadow! As the doors continued to open, the flying armored fellow flew through and shouts “Engaged them now!” With a strange uniformed shout a group of a dozen or so advanced looking troopers raced into the tunnel, all armed with swords and automatic pulse like laser weapons!!

GM: Initiative
24 - the Shadow
22 - Silver Streak
21 - Rumble
19 – Herculan, Baron Havok, Super Leek and the Prestige
13 and 8 - the Leek and now the Robot Warriors of the Apocalypse
11 - Princess Starlight and Kinsue[sblock=Rolls & Results]The Shadow
Silver Streak Area Affect vs. Leeks; Dodge check then Toughness save (vs. DC 18 or 21): 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11; 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15; 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20
1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19; 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
. First one failed dodge made the toughness, second one failed dodge, failed the toughness (by 1) and the last failed dodge and toughness. So one is remaining!
Rumble uses his Affliction power on the Prestige, Will save vs. DC 19: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14, so failed by 1 degree. Up to you if you want to use Extra Effect to attack him this round or next. I will edit AND note I will not make his attack against you until I know his results.
Princess Starlight hit Baron Havok Toughness save vs. DC 28: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20, missed by 2 degrees he is Dazed this round and -1 Wound.
Kitsune easily wins as he does not even try to hold on to the staff.

Herculan flees out the door at base move and takes the Recover action to remove his staggered condition. He also gains +2 Defenses this round.
Baron Havok is going to use his Mind Control vs. Princess Starlight. She needs to make a DC 15 Will save.
Super Leek moves up and attacks Princess Starlight, Close, Damage +7 (multi-attack): 1D20+11 = [10]+11 = 21, hit. No extra degrees of success so Toughness save DC 22.
The Prestige (holding to see what Rumble does, attacking him most likely unless out or something).
The lone Leek Alien shots at Silver Streak Ranged, Damage +6 (Multiattack): 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18, missed.
The other Leek Alien stabs at the Shadow Close, Damage +7 : 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20, hit. The Shadow needs a Toughness save DC 22.
The next group of 12 minions rushes into the room. These foes are dressed just like the Crewman (PL6 Minions) from Post #13 except that they are robots and have no Constitution scores and are Immune to Fortitude saves. They also have +1 Speed (base Move 60ft) and a Leap power of 1 (15ft). They are only moving into the tunnel this round and will act next round.[/sblock]Actions and Rolls for the next round? Princess Starlight needs to make a Will save and then a Toughness save and the Shadow needs a Toughness save. Also I am holding off to see what Rumble wishes to do before rolling for the Prestige [MENTION=20711]hero4hire[/MENTION].

Princess Starlight
HP: 1; Condition: -1 wound

Will Save DC 15: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20
Toughness Save DC 22: 1D20+7-1 = [12]+7-1 = 18 1 wound

HP: 1; Condition: -2 wound

"Kill Kitsune," The Princess says aloud as she spins in the air. "Radiant Blazing Laser Beam" she sings out and beam of light energy streaks toward Kitsune, missing. Bouncing off the wall behind Kitsune, streaking across the chamber and hitting the other wall and finally ricocheting into the Baron's back.

Power Attack laser beam vs DC 18, DC 26 Toughness: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24

She then coquettishly turns and innocently smiles at the Baron. In her high pitched voice, full of mock concern, she adds with a giggle, "Oops. Sorry, Master. Tee Hee."

Silver Streak drops a Lightning Ball on the robots, (30ft radius) Damage 6, Dodge DC 16

[sblock=status]Wounds: -3 Toughness
Condition: Fatigued = Hindered = -1 to Speed (7)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 5

Toughness: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24

Shadow twisted, grunting a bit as the alien’s saber scored along his side, deflected mostly by his armor.

“You shouldn’t play with sharp things,” Shadow said. “Especially in the dark.” He dropped a globe of darkness around them again to blind the Leek and then attacked to disarm him of the saber.

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Alien rifle: +6 damage (Multi-Attack) and use your Ranged Attack bonus to hit
Shadow Character Sheet
Action: Unarmed attack: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
Forgot the +2 for Favored Terrain, making that a 26.
Leek needs to make a Strength check DC 24. If he fails, he drops the sword and Caleb will grab it. Can I get the sword stats, too? :D
Move: Drop Darkness
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions: Favored Terrain +2 to attacks or active defenses in darkness (Attacks)
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
On seeing the Princess turn the tables on the Baron, Kitsune whoops and adds her own laser beam to the mix, trying to nail him from the other side in a pincer move!

She then skedaddles to the closest cover she can find, trying to get back out of sight! Not wanting to get that magic turned on her, no way.

[roll0] atk, base DC23 + multi...

Remove ads