What is your reaction to the Ravnica news?

What is your reaction to the Ravnica news?

• Very Excited

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Excited

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Neutral

Votes: 75 39.9%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 31 16.5%
  • Very Disappointed

Votes: 19 10.1%

Yaztromo

Explorer
I've been expecting similar news since the WotC took over TSR, so this is not unexpected for me. I am rather surprised they didn't propose a M:tG setting in D&D before. Who knows why did they wait for so long...

We also have to consider that, looking at the number of M:tG players, there is a decent chance that this operation will significantly expand the worldwide base of roleplay gamers, luring them from the collectible cards players "pool", that is very big.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm not excited. It would have taken either Greyhawk, Al-Qadim, or maybe Kara Tur to have excited me. But I'm not disappointed either. I'm a bit curious, but not particularly strongly either because I've got plenty of other things on my plate and didn't need another new setting.

gyor

Legend
I've been expecting similar news since the WotC took over TSR, so this is not unexpected for me. I am rather surprised they didn't propose a M:tG setting in D&D before. Who knows why did they wait for so long...

We also have to consider that, looking at the number of M:tG players, there is a decent chance that this operation will significantly expand the worldwide base of roleplay gamers, luring them from the collectible cards players "pool", that is very big.

It was proposed near the end of 3e, but it got nixed. Now the people who opposed the idea are all gone, so Ravnica can have it's day.

Remove ads