Nentir Vale coming to 5e

fjw70

Adventurer
Mike Mearla tweeted this last weekend

Last tweet inspired by enjoying a beautitful day in the PNW by working on the Nentir Vale pantheon. Very interesting comments! Here’s draft one of my summary of Erathis. Try to get key details of each deity into one page.

Then showed a page of text for Erathis.

Is the Nentir Vale coming to 5e in an official way?

lkj

Hero
I think that's probably a little up in the air. Someone asked Mike the following:

"So, are you going to release a playtest package for Nentir Vale, like the Eberron one, soon?"

He responded:

"I’d love to. Matter of timing and bandwidth. Slow but steady."

Link:

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/1023007772089044992

I suspect that Nentir Vale is probably a ways down the list for an official treatment, though clearly Mike's been working on it in his spare time. He's been posting Nentir Vale stuff on twitter occasionally for the past several weeks. I just think that several other settings are probably ahead in the queue, both for DM's Guild treatment and Unearthed Arcana.

AD

I think that Nentir Vale is likely to appear as an e-book if they bring it into 5e, since it was relatively generic.

I'd like to see the devs do a more extensive separation of Nentir BANE from Realms BANE in the deity lore, unless they want to merge the two Banes, which might make people's heads explode.

QuietBrowser

First Post
I think that Nentir Vale is likely to appear as an e-book if they bring it into 5e, since it was relatively generic.

I'd like to see the devs do a more extensive separation of Nentir BANE from Realms BANE in the deity lore, unless they want to merge the two Banes, which might make people's heads explode.

They did a Deities & Demigods article on Nentir Bane - or Achra, if it's easier for you to remember - early on in 4e. It really sold him as just who he was and why.

Keep in mind, it will take 2-3 years (or a lot more) to develop and release an actual product like Wayfarers. This is not a couple of months type project. None of the WotC products are.

So yea, I'm sure he's working on it a bit now,laying out a few things. But we had the same types of hints about Eberron years and years ago (5?) and Waterdeep and Undermountain clues 4 years ago and they are just coming out now.

So, don't hold your breath.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Mearls home campaign is set in the Nentir Vale, he's made it clear that this is for his Homebrew based there. He has the official templates, after all.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
This and Cubicle 7's material for 5e is probably what I desire the most for this edition of D&D. Each time I start a campaign I want to run it in the Vale, but having to look for bits of lore all over the place to have an overview is really complicated and reading the supplement just make me want to run a 4e instead (I really love 4e).

So having a all the lore (not too much though, gotta keep the point of light feel of it) at the same place would be great, as having a few missing races and and setting specific archetypes just for fun. Mearl's Loth warlock, raven queen warlock etc.

pukunui

Legend
Mearls home campaign is set in the Nentir Vale, he's made it clear that this is for his Homebrew based there. He has the official templates, after all.
This, although it sounds like maybe Mike would like to make it more official.

I would love to run a 5e Nentir Vale campaign without having to do all the conversion work myself.

Remove ads