ZEITGEIST Roland Stanfield's statistics for the one-off prequel side adventure

How do Roland Stanfield's statistics for the one-off prequel side adventure actually work? Does Roland Stanfield have four Roland units on the map at all times, with a separate action economy for each individual Roland unit? Or do they share a single pool of actions?

I think my plan was for him to be able to use one at a time, but it might vary based on whether you're playing 4e, 5e, or PF. It's been a while. If he has multiple active, he has more options, but not more actions. And that's balanced by more risk of them getting killed and him taking a hit.

I think my plan was for him to be able to use one at a time, but it might vary based on whether you're playing 4e, 5e, or PF. It's been a while. If he has multiple active, he has more options, but not more actions. And that's balanced by more risk of them getting killed and him taking a hit.

If there are only two players and the GM, should two players each control two PCs, while the GM controls Harkover Lee and Roland Stanfield? Or should two players each control three PCs, while the GM simply focuses on the NPCs and monsters?

Your game, your choice. I find any sort of 'story-heavy' game suffers from having a player in charge of more than one PC at a time. It works for beer-and-pretzels games where you're just hanging out, but the more you need to roleplay, the harder it is to bifurcate your attention.

How we do it as GMs is a mystery.

Remove ads