Congratulations to 2018's ENnie Award Winners!

Last night, at the Union Station in Indianapolis, the 2018 Gen Con EN World Awards winners were announced in a glittering ceremony, hosted by Andy Hopp, with guest presenters Stacy Dellorfano (ConTessa), BJ Hensley (Lone Wolf Development), Mark Morrison (Campaign Coins), and Amanda Valentine (Masks, Bubblegumshoe)! Congratulations go to this year's group of ENnie-winning writers, artists, designers, and more!

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 18.27.57.png

[video=youtube;_UiAhyIBK9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UiAhyIBK9c[/video]​

soulcatcher78

First Post
Chaosium and Arc Dream Publishing cleaned up last night. I may have to give in and pick up Delta Green now, lol.

Strong OSR presence on stage last night but WOTC was a no show for picking up publisher of the year award...that seemed a bit awkward when they didn't even send an intern.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Congrats to all the winners! Definitely some very nice variety in the nominations this year. Delta Green, Zweihander, Harlem Unbound, and Fozen and Mutilated all had very strong showings with multiple awards. Those are four very different products.

The end was a bit anti-climactic with Wizards not showing up, but I’m reasonably sure they didn’t submit any products for consideration this year....so they won best publisher solely because of fan voting. Can’t blame them for that. I think their decision to not submit any products is a smart one, and very good for the hobby overall. Wizards doesn’t need any awards to help move products, but smaller publishers do. So I give them credit for that.

Again, congrats to all the winners!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wizards doesn’t need any awards to help move products, but smaller publishers do. So I give them credit for that.

Awards (these ones at least) aren't about moving product. They're about recognising talented creators - artists, writers, and so on. Product sales for the company, awards for the individuals who work on the products. It's not much, but it's a positive gesture and a good thing to do, and a small thing we as a community *can* do (especially in an industry entirely unlike Hollywood where the award winners are all millionaires - these folks generally are not!)

hawkeyefan

Legend
Awards (these ones at least) aren't about moving product. They're about recognising talented creators - artists, writers, and so on. Product sales for the company, awards for the individuals who work on the products. It's not much, but it's a positive gesture and a good thing to do, and a small thing we as a community *can* do (especially in an industry entirely unlike Hollywood where the award winners are all millionaires - these folks generally are not!)

Oh absolutely. I wasn’t trying to imply that the awarda are not being awarded on merit. And perhaps “moving product” wasn’t the correct choice of words in a broader context...”recognizing worthwhile games and creators” would fit better.

But I also think that many of the nominees are working toward making game design their full time jobs, and the recognition of an Ennie can help them with that goal. And I give WotC some credit for not getting in the way of that.

So I’m happy to see such variety among the winners, and I hope the award helps them to keep creating new comtent.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Congratulations indeed! My crystal ball even managed to pick out a couple of the awards ;) I'll have to look into this "Wizards of the Coast" publisher. It must be good if the fans picked it!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
BJ works at Lone WOLF development; "Wolf" not "World"

Anywho...congrats to all the winners and thanks to EN World for highlighting so many games. I don't have time to keep up on more than a small handful of systems I'm interested in, so I often do learn of other games to check out from the ENies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases