WOIN [WOIN] My homebrewn Mass Effect adaption - Part 1: player races

kingpin000

Explorer
Hi there,
i am working on my own WOIN adaption of the Mass Effect setting. Finally I finished my first draft of the player races, but I need some unbiased eyes for proofreading. As creation tool, I used the WOIN Racebuilding Engine PDF and tried to keep the building points around 20.

You can tell me everything you find, the good, the bad and the ugly. This can be spelling/grammer errors, unclear/bad rulings, things I should add/drop and so on. Especially my own created exploits need some approval from the experts.

The draft can be found here!

Thanks in advance

PS: When I finished an another part I will open a new thread!

Corey Bass

Villager
This looks good ! I'd love to use this, but I'd only do a game of Mass Effect Andromeda. That means making up Angara and Kett. I'd previously seen a really well done d20 version, so I might 'steal' some ideas from that .... and then there'll be yet another campaign to add to my players lists.

Flips

Explorer
Looks great! I was also figuring out how to adapt the races for WOIN. My Asari work similar but are based on the race from NEW which has the life steal touch and is naturally psionic. I may co-opt your list of races instead.

kingpin000

Explorer
Looks great! I was also figuring out how to adapt the races for WOIN. My Asari work similar but are based on the race from NEW which has the life steal touch and is naturally psionic. I may co-opt your list of races instead.

This is my current draft. I was occupied by other things in last few months, so I couldn't finish the careers, yet. I will add the six base classes of the ME games (you can combine them with normal careers but you are only allowed to have one of this base classes in your life path) and so I was waiting for the Judge Dredd book to look how the Judges are handled ruleswise. The psonic powers from NEW are divded into Biotic, Tech and Combat powers with their own power points.

The life stealing touch is a mutation of the bioelectric reproduction touch. This means, only Ardat-Yakshi steal lifeforce when they try to reproduce. This mutation happens mostly when the father was also an Asari. For this case I made an origin which is mentioned in the statblock as "Pureblood".

Pureblood [2d6 years]

Prerequisites: Asari, Father’s Species (Asari)
Attributes: END +1, CHA +1, WIL +1, REP +1
Skill choices: bluffing, disguise, insight, intimidating, meditation, running, stealth
Your childhood was not a happy one by having Asari as both parents. It is considered as social stigma because it increases the likelihood to be born with a rare genetic condition. Asari with this rare condition called Ardat-Yakshi (“Demon of the Night Winds”).
Roll a D6, on a 1 you an Ardat-Yakshi, otherwise you are just an Outcast.
Ardat-Yakshi. Whenever you are in an unstable emotional state (like Afraid, Manic, Angry, Placid), you make a BIO vs. MELEE DEFENSE attack against the next living target (even allies). If you hit, you deal 3d6 necrotic damage. All social skill checks against Asari, who know about your condition, have a -2d6 penalty. You are also sterile.
Outcast. Other Asari would never call you a “Pureblood” in your face, but you have always felt that you was treated differently. You coped your childhood by increasing your Mental Defense by 4. All social skill checks against Asari, who know about your condition, have a -1d6 penalty.

Last edited:

Remove ads