ZEITGEIST Kell

ediz

Explorer
I want to know, what are chances Kell might just try to take out the party at the ambush.

Kate liquidated almost all of their backup with one negative energy channel. Nick threw and grappled the party's best melee character. My question is, would he try to take them out before leaving or just figure the party has more back up on the way?

Thanks!

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I think he would go for the kill he seems to be a psychotic personality who enjoys killing. However as a GM I want to avoid TPK so I would look at how likely he is to get a TPK and if he is likely to win arrange for credible backup to become visible and give him a reason to run.
Illustrates why and my players consider NPC Cops and soldiers to be pretty worthless as backup against important opponents they can't even take fairly mild AOE's before going down. I will let players request back up form elite units which are up to about 4th level should make them potentially useful against powerful npc's

ediz

Explorer
For Kell, I alloted them a third of the taskforce( figuring in 3 8 hour shifts) they then got help from the Family. The party always uses Haste, so Kate first dispelled it. Round 2 negative energy. I had Kell nonchalantly walk up, taking an AOO.. carved up a Family member with gusto. Right now, the odds are fair. The PCs are in bad shape but they still have a 70% chance for a W.

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Go for it then, as long as Kell thinks he can win as an overconfident maniac then let him fight. Also consider if you want him alive for the confrontation in the Bleak gate if you do he should try to break off when you think he can get away otherwise it is a climatic fight a good time for Kell to live or die by the dice rolls.

I expect to kill Kell off at a similar point given my players tactics and tenacity so I have an alternate villain for the showdown in the bleak gate a revivified mad butler

Remove ads