D&D 4E Lazy General... aka Warlord in Anime

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Saw my wife watching this show I blinked a few times as the Lazylord took some hits to inspire his two sword ranger to even more bad assery... And then wife said he ends up known as the Lazy General and as I kept watching sure enough most definitely a Warlord a very tactical Warlord.

[video]https://myanimelist.net/anime/31764/Nejimaki_Seirei_Senki__Tenkyou_no_Alderamin/reviews[/video]

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There are sure some definite tactical Warlords out there...I have been thinking Soka from the last Avatar wasn't a bad example but only comes into his own in that arena later in the
show and maybe more at a strategic level.

Nor is he treated as a genius class thinker initially he is far closer to a side kick character earlier even ... but that more than changes and he is shown to have a positively brilliant mind.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
You can't talk about lazy warlords in anime without Nijima Haruo from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. A bit of a roguish coward, who is a terrific tactician. He is the architect of the Shinpalu Alliance, something he achieved by borrowing the charisma of his "friend" and actual protagonist Kenichi, a very cohesive group that follows his orders an strategies despite most of them actually hating him. Despite his nearly non-existent martial ability, almost every master class he meets comments just how good he is as an strategist and respects him as a combatant, he just happens to fight using his teammates as his attacks. He finds and exploits vulnerabilities and coordinates in a way that normally tides the combat in his favor.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
More about the Lazy General

Ikta Solork, wanted to be a scientist, very much an intellectual genius but is also capable as a charismatic however he seems to use that very consciously tactically with very decided goals in mind although some times very roguish goals as he is not totally up with following. He is definitely not stand alone physically and it is commented about him lacking on that front as a soldier. He is the one noticed as why his ally ends up kicking ass and everyone aware he arranged/choreographed it as much as anything. His primary companion is as significant a character as he and she is a two weapon ranger who some times puts him in his place (he may rely on that on occasion instead of applying self discipline - she may be both his wisdom and strong arm) in spite of very much following his lead in battle.

The party has some others one is a Sniper of similar scale of the above two.

The final pair are not really up to scale with those three are a very noncombatant medic and a generic nobleman/soldier/secondary leader type who I am guessing may end up being inspired to achieve because of the presence of the more heroic types in the group.

There is also a princess who ends up needing saved very often and is how Solork ends up in the military instead of a scientist,

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This one looks like it might be similar Arslan starts in the place to be a trained military leader... less interesting in that regards maybe than Itka Sorlork whos somewhat humble and scientific beginnings makes him a virtually self taught genius.

Arslan almost seems like he might be an Alexander the Great style character which is definitely one I would build as a tactical Warlord.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki_TV

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases