Crowdfunded RPG pdfs/books, is there enough interest?

Well, anything that has to do with epic adversaries and adventures/adventure ideas would be great! Nothing else comes to mind, just eager to see something from you again after all these years :)

I appreciate the interest amigo, I still have a few epic ideas bouncing around my skull, although goodness knows how many people will be interested in some 3.5E & 4E material at this juncture.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I appreciate the interest amigo, I still have a few epic ideas bouncing around my skull, although goodness knows how many people will be interested in some 3.5E & 4E material at this juncture.

Hey U_K!

I know I'm coming to this a few months late, but I really hope you go forward with this idea! I'd love to see new content from you (ideally 3.5)!

One question I wanted to ask is whether or not it's even possible to publish 4E material anymore? Insofar as I'm aware, the GSL wasn't formally terminated, which I think means that it's still allowable for those who signed up previously, but going to http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/welcome now and clicking on the GSL-related links just returns a 404 error.

Either way, I hope to see that crowdfunding effort soon! I'm definitely in!

Howdy Alzrius mate! :)

Happy New Year to you and everyone! :D

I know I'm coming to this a few months late, but I really hope you go forward with this idea! I'd love to see new content from you (ideally 3.5)!

Me too.

One question I wanted to ask is whether or not it's even possible to publish 4E material anymore? Insofar as I'm aware, the GSL wasn't formally terminated, which I think means that it's still allowable for those who signed up previously, but going to http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/welcome now and clicking on the GSL-related links just returns a 404 error.

I can't imagine they would block it and I did sign up initially. They probably pulled it to concentrate on 5E.

Either way, I hope to see that crowdfunding effort soon! I'm definitely in!

Might be a ways off...something popped up about 7-8 weeks ago and temporarily derailed the plans. I'll talk about that in a few weeks.

Hey Rhuarc amigo! :)

Not sure 5E is really set up for it as much as previous editions, but I'll maybe have a glance and see what's been done.

I actually think there's a good bit of room to build on with 5E.

I've been playing around with some ideas since I'm currently DMing a game that is likely to eventually bring in Advanced Beings (from Dark Sun) and I think it could work pretty well at those levels (which IMO are about equivalent to 4e 21-30 or 21-35 low epic 3e...).

Though probably it won't stand up when taken to e.g. Sidereals levels. The math of the system does have limits.

Hey Khisanth mate! :)

I actually think there's a good bit of room to build on with 5E.

I've been playing around with some ideas since I'm currently DMing a game that is likely to eventually bring in Advanced Beings (from Dark Sun) and I think it could work pretty well at those levels (which IMO are about equivalent to 4e 21-30 or 21-35 low epic 3e...).

Though probably it won't stand up when taken to e.g. Sidereals levels. The math of the system does have limits.

I'll defer to your experience on 5E (I've only played it about a dozen times). Certainly adding a few levels might be something easily integrated (as happened to Pathfinder*).

*Albeit it was simply Mythic/Epic in name only (IMO).

4E was the only system I think capable of expertly handling ANY level of gaming.

3E (and by association Pathfinder) becomes too unwieldy at a certain point.

5E on first investigation didn't seem to have any epic potential, but I could be convinced otherwise I suppose.

Certainly adding a few levels might be something easily integrated (as happened to Pathfinder*).

*Albeit it was simply Mythic/Epic in name only (IMO).

Yeah I'm not a big fan of how that worked out... I think mixing the Tiers "in-between" the basic levels, rather than starting after 20, was kind of a mess.

But I do think the idea of shifting to a new kind of advancement, rather than adding levels to the same classes, is a solid one. 20th level is the peak of mortal achievement... above that you start becoming something else (hero-deity/demigod/Initiate Immortal, archmage/avangion/Athasian dragon, Athasian "character elemental"/primordial, archfey/Athasian spirit of the land, etc...)

Have 4-5 different "base" epic paths based on the different character archetypes -- Proxy (or Exarch, Saint, Prophet, etc...) for divine types
Archmage for arcane types
Archfey/Spirit of the Land for "nature" types
Living Shadow(???) for rogue types
Deathless Warrior(???) for martial types

Then alter or add more to fit specific settings (Athas would have Athasian Dragon and Avangion rather than a single Archmage path, and Elemental rather than Proxy for clerical types, and so on...)

Something like a "Kaisharga" path would be good too -- Athasian Liches, but for any class, not just arcane casters -- I don't see why the idea wouldn't be applicable to other worlds. There are already Death Knights (fallen Paladins) and Mummy Lords (Clerics)...

Hey Khisanth amigo! :)

hope you (and everyone else) is keeping well?

Yeah I'm not a big fan of how that worked out... I think mixing the Tiers "in-between" the basic levels, rather than starting after 20, was kind of a mess.

But I do think the idea of shifting to a new kind of advancement, rather than adding levels to the same classes, is a solid one. 20th level is the peak of mortal achievement... above that you start becoming something else (hero-deity/demigod/Initiate Immortal, archmage/avangion/Athasian dragon, Athasian "character elemental"/primordial, archfey/Athasian spirit of the land, etc...)

Have 4-5 different "base" epic paths based on the different character archetypes -- Proxy (or Exarch, Saint, Prophet, etc...) for divine types
Archmage for arcane types
Archfey/Spirit of the Land for "nature" types
Living Shadow(???) for rogue types
Deathless Warrior(???) for martial types

Then alter or add more to fit specific settings (Athas would have Athasian Dragon and Avangion rather than a single Archmage path, and Elemental rather than Proxy for clerical types, and so on...)

Something like a "Kaisharga" path would be good too -- Athasian Liches, but for any class, not just arcane casters -- I don't see why the idea wouldn't be applicable to other worlds. There are already Death Knights (fallen Paladins) and Mummy Lords (Clerics)...

Pathfinder Mythic just seemed pointless to me.

Fundamentally it was the same approach I took in the Immortals Handbook but with (their) individual mythic levels instead of (my) divinity templates; either of which could be added to any characters or monsters etc.

Each approach has its problems. My biggest problem was always the complexity. Theirs is that its simply not epic enough.

The idea I had for 4E was a very simple continuation with up to 3 new tiers with Divine Abilities being traded for feats (to keep the numbers reasonable) and Paragon Paths and Epic Destiny's being similarly replaced with Portfolio Path's and Dimensional Destiny's. So in effect that would have mimicked what you are suggesting above.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases