Mystery Dice

Nytmare

David Jose
I was recently pointed towards a Twitter discussion where someone was trying to figure out what a particular set of dice was, and I've spent the past couple of days agonizing over it:

https://twitter.com/TappyToeClaws/status/1034266381942960133

Each die appears to be identical, with one blank side and the other five showing the five symbols shown.

The dice don't appear to be (at least to my untrained eye) from any real language or numbering system. And the style of them makes me think that they were probably created specifically to look runic/foreign/whatever. I see hints of different cuneiform, pictograms, or alphabets from an array of different cultures, but absolutely nothing concrete tying it to anything in particular.

Anyone know what these might be from?

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
These look like custom dice to me. I had some made (different symbols on the faces, of course), but that is very much what they looked like. I used to order custom dice for miniature skirmish games I would dream up all the time.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
After looking at the original twitter discussion.

1. Does he think his kids aren't going to see his twitter?
2. If he just wants to know how to connect to his kids... why not treat them with respect and just ask them what they are..?

Oh wait, that's right. Can't trust the kids to give a straight answer.. wonder why that is. Maybe not treating them with respect and modeling good behavior such that a conversation can happen in the first place?

Offering this observation without any personal involvement or knowing who the original twitter person is. If it's me, I go up to my son and ask him and he actually just tells me. Tech isn't the solution to all problems but it sure does expose them.

KB

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
After looking at the original twitter discussion.

1. Does he think his kids aren't going to see his twitter?
2. If he just wants to know how to connect to his kids... why not treat them with respect and just ask them what they are..?

Oh wait, that's right. Can't trust the kids to give a straight answer.. wonder why that is. Maybe not treating them with respect and modeling good behavior such that a conversation can happen in the first place?

Offering this observation without any personal involvement or knowing who the original twitter person is. If it's me, I go up to my son and ask him and he actually just tells me. Tech isn't the solution to all problems but it sure does expose them.

KB

Let’s keep the snotty judgemental rants about strangers’ parenting to more appropriate venues, please. Like not here.

Nytmare

David Jose
Just to bring the conversation back around, the person on Twitter who was asking is related to the person who took the picture. The person who took the picture is a teacher. The dice belong to a student that man teaches.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases