WOIN How does the quality of a shield effect the defense score you get from having it equipped?

Brundle

Villager
You can only ever use one skill at a time. He would have to choose between his dodging and shields skill.

Your base dice pool is attribute + skill + equipment which is capped by max dice pool. Anything beyond that, exploits, modifiers, etc? All that is after.

I think i have it down now, Please correct me if I am wrong. you would choose to use shield skill for defense , so you would add one for that and then 1 for high quality shield, plus the 3 for agility, for 5d6 pool.
If you had 3 in shield skill and a high quality shield , Plus the 3d6 agility pool you would go to 6d6

M3woods

Explorer
I think i have it down now, Please correct me if I am wrong. you would choose to use shield skill for defense , so you would add one for that and then 1 for high quality shield, plus the 3 for agility, for 5d6 pool.
If you had 3 in shield skill and a high quality shield , Plus the 3d6 agility pool you would go to 6d6
Yes, and that 5d6 would give you a DEFENSE score of 18. Or 21 for the 6d6 pool. Also, adjust your DEFENSE by +1 for a small shield, +2 for a medium shield, or +3 for a large shield. Medium armor inflicts a -2 penalty and heavy armor inflicts a -4 penalty.

So, with a 5d6 pool, wearing heavy armor, and carrying a large shield, your DEFENSE would be 17 (18-4+3.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases