WOIN Some quick questions

ajevans

Explorer
Hi, just have a few quick questions wanted for clarifications after reading OLD.

1. Range. What's the units? I'm assuming it's in grid squares?
2. How do you identify what weapons are meant to be used 2-handed or 1-handed? Is it just creative licence?
3. Luck. Do you add luck dice before or after a roll? e.g. 'Oops I failed my roll, I'll add a luck die' or 'I really need to make this roll so I'll add a luck die first?'

Steven Barker

First Post
I think I know the answers to these. I'm just an ordinary player though, so take my assessments with an appropriate grain of salt.
1. Range. What's the units? I'm assuming it's in grid squares?
Yes, the usual range unit is 5' squares. Some effects (such as spells) will describe ranges in feet, so you may need to translate back and forth in some situations.

2. How do you identify what weapons are meant to be used 2-handed or 1-handed? Is it just creative licence?
This isn't described at all well. Large sized weapons always need two hands. As far as I can tell, that's the only explicitly stated rule. I'm pretty sure some Medium sized weapons (probably including all medium ranged weapons) are intended to be used with two hands, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules saying so.

3. Luck. Do you add luck dice before or after a roll? e.g. 'Oops I failed my roll, I'll add a luck die' or 'I really need to make this roll so I'll add a luck die first?'
You're supposed to add the luck dice before you roll. You can also make other changes to your die pool at the same time, like exchanging attack dice for damage (2:1) or spending attack dice to activate certain exploits or called shot effects.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1. 5’ squares.

2. It’s based on relative size. A medium creature uses a medium weapon with one hand. If your weapon is a size category smaller than you you can use it one handed. If it is a size category larger than you then you must uses it two handed.

3. Before the roll.

Remove ads