Updated errata will be released within the next month!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Last benefit refers to a nonexistent rule.

It is?

PHB rule is, "While traveling at a fast pace, characters take a –5 penalty to their passive Wisdom (Perception) scores to notice hidden threats."
Dungeon Delver rule is, "You can search for traps while traveling at a normal pace, instead of only at a slow pace."

Seems to be an existing rule, though inexpertly addressed by the feat. Probably could use a clarification.

Li Shenron

Legend

Eubani

Legend
They will probably only fix spelling, grammar and phrasing. They are too scared to do anything further.

Last edited:

It is?

PHB rule is, "While traveling at a fast pace, characters take a –5 penalty to their passive Wisdom (Perception) scores to notice hidden threats."
Dungeon Delver rule is, "You can search for traps while traveling at a normal pace, instead of only at a slow pace."

Seems to be an existing rule, though inexpertly addressed by the feat. Probably could use a clarification.

Most games don't seem to use the rule, since "traveling at a slow pace" doesn't really have any effect in PnP*. I would reinterpret the feat as allowing an automatic perception check whenever there is a trap.

*Whereas it is really annoying in CRPGs like NWN2.

Mistwell

Most games don't seem to use the rule, since "traveling at a slow pace" doesn't really have any effect in PnP*. I would reinterpret the feat as allowing an automatic perception check whenever there is a trap.

*Whereas it is really annoying in CRPGs like NWN2.

It has an effect where time is of the essence. Deadlines are a real thing in D&D. I've used them. I am just now exiting the poisonous air sections of the Hidden Shrine adventure, which is full of traps (so you want to be able to spot them) and all with a very meaningful time limit built into it (you will die if you stay down there too long, and you cannot realistically take a long rest in it without dying or at least being worse off than you were before the long rest).

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
It has an effect where time is of the essence. Deadlines are a real thing in D&D. I've used them. I am just now existing the poisonous air sections of the Hidden Shrine adventure, which is full of traps (so you want to be able to spot them) and all with a very meaningful time limit built into it (you will die if you stay down there too long, and you cannot realistically take a long rest in it without dying or at least being worse off than you were before the long rest).

Ooh. I need to add a section like that to my megadungeon!

Mistwell

It's fine that Jeremy forgot the -5 to perception checks to notice hidden threats rule. That doesn't make him correct...he's forgotten stuff before and I think this is just one of them. People used to forget about the darkvision in darkness = disadvantage to perception checks rule all the time before as well. There are all sorts of things which mess with perception and it's hard to remember them all.

If a DM were to judge that the feat means "normal full movement speed pace = fast" and "you can search for traps while traveling at a normal pace" means "without disadvantage which is the same as not having the -5 penalty" I think that would be consistent with the rules.

Remove ads