[Poll] Vote For The Top 10 Horror RPGs!

Just for Halloween fun, I've gone to the Wikipedia list of horror roleplaying games and made a poll to see what the top 10 most popular are. If your choice isn't on this list, post in the thread and I'll add it. You may select multiple games. I've tried to include RPGs, but not settings for RPGs (though that would also be a fun poll). Votes are hidden -- I'll reveal them in dramatic fashion later! Voting closes Sunday midnight. I'll reveal the results first on next week's podcast, and then post them here.

horror-theme-ra10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Verkuilen

Grand Master of Artificial Flowers
My favorite horror RPG experiences were in a long-running Torg campaign in the 90s. Orrorsh was...horrifying.

I never played Torg though I read it back in the day, but I get where you're coming from. IMO a game that's supposed to be horror often tips itself off too much. My favorite moments of horror were often in games that weren't explicitly horror games. That meant the horror came in with more surprise or there were times when the tension was released.

My best moments achieving horror as a GM happened in... D&D. :D One of my favorite moments experiencing horror as a player happened in a Star Wars D6 game!

Warhammer FRP (1st Edition!) is another good example of a horror game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Write in: RAVENLOFT the Gothic Horror Campaign Setting. Best Horror setting that we played for many years. From RPG Tabletop, to Video Games, to Boardgame.

A setting, not an RPG. Obviously, it would be near the top of any settings list.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The only one I've played is Ghostbusters. That was back before the sequel came out (ignore the remake). The point was to go back and forth between scary and funny.

I truly adore that game. I was so excited to buy it as a kid when it came out, and I still have it. I use the ghost die as my regular d6 to this day.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases