[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
"Here goes nothing," breathes Shendra as she pushes open the next door and thrusts her spear forward for better lightning. This time she takes care to scrutinize what lies beyond. Creepy bugs seem to be hiding everywhere; two surprises was enough.

Perception: [roll0]

G

Guest 11456

You have found a back hall. A door that opens to the space beneath the stairs is boarded over. The doorknob is broken off and a steel spike has been driven into what used to be a lock.

OOC: Map

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra waves up Michael Tell and points to the sealed door. "What do you want to bet that that was done to keep something in rather than keep anyone like us out?" she says, eyebrows furrowed for a moment. "So I was thinking that a big strong soldier with a very large, very sharp sword might consider keeping an eye on that for a moment lest something else unpleasant pops out."

For her own part Shendra moves to the other door, the one that presumably leads outside, and opens it up. After that last encounter one can likely never have too many escape routes.

OOC: Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5ce3543b856c0 . Since we seem to be on our own for a moment how would you feel about me moving other tokens where I think they should perhaps go?

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

This ruined deck clings to the side of the house and hangs at an angle four feet above the ground. Boards are missing, and though the deck once led to a place to dock a boat, now nothing but pilings and scattered boards remain.

You can move any piece until its owner says otherwise.

Kaodi

Hero
"Probably not in much better shape that the front porch," says the seer eying the missing boards. She takes a peek up the stairs. "I think I would rather we check the other rooms on this floor then take the first staircase. Retreat will not as easily be cut off..."

Slipping by Mei and Teea, Shendra proceeds back to the hallway with the others repositioning themselves in the house as well. She imagines this will be either a closet or an entry into the parlour. She opens the door...

Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5ce3626710afc

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael grumbles about bug bites and having to watch a closed door, but otherwise does what sounds like good advice. "It's been nothing but one nasty surprise after another here. If we do find something flameable, like a pot of oil, maybe we can try that room with the insect swarm again."

G

Guest 11456

Cannot update the map at the moment but it is just a closet: Collapsed shelves and soiled, rotting linens fill the small closet.

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra makes a slightly disgusted face as she traces some symbols in the air with her free hand and mutters a few magical syllables. Pointing at one piece of refuse and then another she wills them to move to one side or the other. While she does not expect to find anything in particular years of domestic labour has taught her that sometimes the oddest things can be shaken out of untended clothes.

She does not spend too much time on the task before proceeding down the hallway to open the door on the left, the one she suspects leads to a parlour.

OOC: Casting mage hand to do a quick search of the closet, Perception [roll0] .
Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5ce41ef8a7c6b

G

Guest 11456

You find nothing save what has already been mentioned about the closet.
Opening the door you see a moldering sofa sits along the south wall of this room, and once-comfortable chairs sit in front of mold-covered windows.

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra glances from one side to the other before turning around and pushing open the door behind her.

OOC: Are those shelves along the walls?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases