D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
A handful of maps from my previous D&D campaign (mostly BECMI D&D with spells from the 1st Edition AD&D PHB). First up is a flying/floating sky island. Click to enlarge.

The two black icons are stone circles and the middle icon represents ruins.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
And now here is the May 31st, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* Areas 1 and 22 have pillars.
* Areas 2 and 3 a) have statues.
* There are open pits between the main section of area 3 a) and flanking sections of 3 b) and 3 c) respectively.
* Area 4 has a dais with a sarcophagus on it.
* Areas 5 and 16 b) have covered pit traps.
* Area 14 has a pool of water/fountain.
* Area 16 a) has a fake sarcophagus on a dais.
* I picture areas 23 and 24 as being 'run the gauntlet' sort of rooms.
* Area 25 is a falling block/stone trap.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/278205/Friday-Enhanced-Map-05312019

The May 31sth, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 7th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* This week's Friday Freebie map consists of three buildings.
* The double white strips on the walls are windows.
* Area 10 is an open foyer with columns along the western wall. Area 31 is the upper area of the same foyer.
* Area 12 has a statue.
* Area 24 b) has a trap door in the ceiling (see Area 54 b).
* Area 53 b) has a trap door in the floor (see Area 24 b).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/279138/Friday-Enhanced-Map-06072019

The June 7th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of grey or black walls, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 14th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* I envision this shrine as being dedicated to a cult who worships an evil sea god/goddess. The location of the shrine is near the coast as it has underground water channels that connect to a nearby sea. Naturally a DM/GM can ignore all this and go with their own ideas.
* The grey areas are water. Several underwater tunnels connect to a nearby large water source.
* Areas 17 b), 18 b), 20, and 23 have covered pit traps. I picture these traps as being flooded or begin to flood once they have been activated.
* Areas 19 and 22 have pools of water that connect to the underground streams.
* Areas 21, 24, and 25 have statues and altars. All three altars are submerged, as is the statue in area 25.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/280011/Friday-Enhanced-Map-06142019

The June 14th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 21st, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Background:
* In the frozen plains of the far north lies the Eye of Shum'Morak. It is a large oval pit with a solid inner pillar. From above, the hole resembles an eye carved out of the earth. It is said that the wizard known as Shum'Morak had complete domination over the element of earth. He commanded the earth and it obeyed by forming his sanctum.
* The Eye of Shum'Morak penetrates nearly a full mile into the earth. The balcony entrance to the Upper Halls are 640 feet down from the surface. It is rumoured that the depth of the Eye is but a small fraction of the sanctum's range. Additional levels will be released in future Friday Freebie/Enhanced maps.

Map Details:
* Area 1 is the entrance to the Eye of Shum'Morak. It is a large, open oval pit. The white and grey background represents clouds/fog. There are many bands of these clouds/fog as one travels down the Eye.
* The double doors of area 2 have wizard lock on them.
* Areas 3 and 30 a) have statues.
* Areas 5, 9, 23, 33, 36-38 have wall basins.
* Areas 9, 16, 19, and 30 a) have pillars.
* Area 21 has a open shaft that runs the length of the Eye. A knotted rope hangs in the centre of the shaft. It allows quick access to the lower levels for those who can utilize it (via flight, feather fall, climbing, etc.).
* Area 30 b) is a dais with a throne on top.
* Area 32 b) is a cell (for intruders who are to be interrogated by Shum'Morak or one of his followers).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/280633/Friday-Enhanced-Map-06212019

The June 21st, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Note about the price change: Since I'm putting twice the work into the freebie/enhanced versions, I figured the price should reflect that. The enhanced versions help to subsidize the freebie maps.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the June 28th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Background:
* In the frozen plains of the far north lies the Eye of Shum'Morak. It is a large oval pit with a solid inner pillar. From above, the hole resembles an eye carved out of the earth. It is said that the wizard known as Shum'Morak had complete domination over the element of earth. He commanded the earth and it obeyed by forming his sanctum.
* The Eye of Shum’Morak penetrates nearly a full mile into the earth. This level holds the primary library with scrying pool and additional libraries for Shum’Morak and his apprentices. It also holds a physical portal to the astral plane.
* Naturally a DM/GM can ignore all this and go with their own ideas.

Map Details:
* The circular stairs that are clockwise lead up (the two at the bottom half of the level) and those that are counter-clockwise lead down (the two in the top half).
* Area 1 is the Eye of Shum’Morak. It is a large, open oval pit. The white and grey background represents clouds/fog. There are many bands of these clouds/fog as one travels down into the Eye.
* Areas 2, 16, and 34 b) have pillars.
* Areas 4, 10, 15, 19, 20, 24, and 27 have wall basins.
* Area 13 a) is the main library with four large square pillars. Areas 13 b) to g) are small, narrow study cubicles. Area 13 h) is a small storage space. Area 13 i) is a scrying pool on a dais.
* Area 21 has a open shaft that runs the length of the Eye. A knotted rope hangs in the centre of the shaft. It allows quick access to the lower levels for those who can utilize it (via flight, feather fall, climbing, etc.).
* Area 25 has a secret door that allows access to the Eye of Shum'Morak.
* Area 29 has a raised platform with a large mirror built into the western wall. When activated, the mirror becomes a portal that allows one to physically enter the Astral plane.
* Areas 30, 31, and 35 are additional libraries.
* Area 34 has a raised platform. This room is used for lecturing/teaching his apprentices.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/281207/Friday-Enhanced-Map-06282019

The June 28th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $2 (US)!

Note about the price change: Since I'm putting twice the work into the freebie/enhanced versions, I figured the price should reflect that. The enhanced versions help to subsidize the freebie maps.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Do you have the Monday blues? Maybe an Old School Blue map will help. ;)

Map Details:
* Area 1 has an elevator (which direction it leads to is up to the DM).
* Area 8 a has an open pit blocking the corridor with an illusionary wall at the south end hiding Area 8 b (and access around the open pit).
* Area 12 has a large fungi patch.
* Area 14 has a hole in the ground.
* Area 28 has a revolving wall allowing access to the second section.
* Area 36 has a large pool of water that has leaked from the nearby underground stream.
* Area 40 has an illusionary wall dividing the secret passage.

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases