D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the May 17th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The straight line of dots represent bars/gates.
* Areas 1, 4, 5, and 7 b) - f) have steps.
* Areas 1, 3 a), 7 a), 7 c), 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, and 20 a) have pillars.
* Areas 1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 15, and 20 c) have statues.
* Areas 3 b) and 21 b) - c) could be false double doors, or have a small area behind them (as show on the map), or could be teleporting doors.
* Areas 7 b) - f) have sarcophagi.
* Area 12 has a large mirror (perhaps the mirror shows the invisible and there is an invisible creature chained to the pillar).
* Areas 13 and 19 have wall basins.
* The irregular shaped dots represent rubble. Areas 20 a) (at the top), 22 c), and 23 e) have collapsed.
* Area 20 b) is water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/275948/Friday-Enhanced-Map-05172019

The May 17th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the May 24th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* Areas 1, 17 a), 18, and 21 have pillars.
* Areas 2 a), 10, 12, and 26 have wall basins.
* Areas 2 b), 7 a), 7 b), and 27 c) have teleporters. I imagine the teleporters working like this: Teleporter 2 b) connects with 7 a). Area 7 d) connects to 27 c). Naturally the DM is free to have the teleporters work anyway they wish.
* Areas 4, 16, 19 a), and 24 a) are covered pit traps.
* Areas 6 b), 7 b), and 17 b) are water. I can picture an underground channel (not shown on the map) that connects the water from 6 b) to 7 b) and perhaps again to an underground water source.
* Areas 17 a) and 24 b) are statues. The statue in area 24 b) blocks the north passage.
* Area 28 has a chasm (with rubble along its edges) slicing through the centre of the room.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/277636/Friday-Enhanced-Map-05242019

The May 24th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I took this old map (from 2010) and did a few tweaks to it (to bring some of the map icons up to date with my current style). I can see a few more things I would change today but that would require a complete redraw and I don't have the time to do that (at the moment). Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* Areas 2 and 3 each have a desk and chair.
* Area 5 has pews and an altar on a rock garden.
* Area 8 has a shelf.
* The arrow on the stairs point downwards.
* Area 11 has chairs and a desk & chair divided by a low barrier with a swinging door.
* Area 12 has a desk, chair, and shelf.
* Area 13 has various shelves.
* Area 14 has a desk & chair, several chests, and a shelf.
* Areas 15 to 20 are private quarters with a bed, desk & chair, and a chest. Area 15 also has a shelf.

Map Details:
* Area 4 has barrels.
* Area 5 has sacks.
* Area 6 has natural cliff faces that progressively lead one downwards into the earth.
* Area 7 has an altar, on a dais, built into the cave wall.
* There are natural stone steps leading down to the side caverns.
* Area 10 has a natural pool of water.
* Area 11 has a hole in the cave floor that leads to area 12.
* Area 13 has an altar next to a chasm.
* Area 15 has a well.
* Area 16 has (giant) mushrooms.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
I've been reading my copy of Ghosts of Saltmarsh and the nautical theme reminded me of a pirate treasure map I did back in 2011. Thought I would post it here. Click on image for the map PDF.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I've been going through my map archive (over 10 years worth of maps) and thought I would post a few selected pieces. First up, a some old school blue maps. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
More maps from the archives.

castle_ruins001-4.jpg

castle_ruins002-2.jpg

castle_ruins003-1.jpg

castle_ruins_dungeon001.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Another one from the archives. This time it is from my previous D&D campaign. It was a stone keep, located on the top of giant petrified trees, of a mad storm giant called Vulturnus. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
More maps from the archives. This was from my homebrew campaign world of Yrthea that I ran using a hybrid of BECMI/1st Ed. AD&D.

The dungeon scale was 1 square = 10'.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Remove ads