Official D&D Errata Updated (Nov 2018)

Monster Manual: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/Mm-Errata.pdf DMG: http://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/DMG-Errata.pdf

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As promised, there's now updated official errata documents for the D&D Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide up on WotC's website.

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 20.32.37.png

The Player's Handbook errata is 3 pages, Monster Manual is 2 pages, and DMG is just over a page.

UPDATE -- the linked errata is the 2016 errata. The 2018 errata for the PHB is here.

"The three core rulebooks of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons have reached their tenth printings and are already on their way beyond. People are coming to D&D in droves!

To coincide with that milestone, I’ve overseen the preparation of a fresh set of updates to the Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide. The updates are detailed in the following PDFs:

These changes also appear in the core book gift sets being released this month, and the changes will appear in all future printings of the books.

The updates reflect our continuing efforts to keep the game’s foundation solid, adjusting things if we discover they are incomplete, unclear, or incorrect. Thank you for the feedback you give us each month, ever helping us to keep the game stable and fun."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 20.32.37.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 20.32.37.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 28,634
Last edited by a moderator:

flametitan

Explorer
One thing I noticed is a weird discrepency in the Demilich errata.

It was changed from 80 (20d4) to 80 (32d4), which would make sense for the 2.5 average of a d4. The problem, however, is that the Demilich has this annoying sentence, that it seems they didn't axe: "Undead Nature. A demilich doesn’t require air, food, drink, or sleep. So great is a demilich’s will to survive that it always has the maximum number of hit points for its Hit Dice, instead of average hit points."

So either someone "corrected" a non-issue, or the Demilich is now supposed to have 128 hit points.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I notice that every Class now gets their spells specified as "[Class X] spells"rather than just spells. Is this is some sort of anti-cheese maneuver by the devs?

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Odd. Why would they buff the Brown Bear? It's already the most popular Wild Shape choice for level 2 druids and arguably overpowered.

Edit: And yes, I understand the math was off, but they could have reduced its strength instead.

flametitan

Explorer
I notice that every Class now gets their spells specified as "[Class X] spells"rather than just spells. Is this is some sort of anti-cheese maneuver by the devs?

I've seen some people willfully misinterpret the way multiclassing works in order to prepare spells they shouldn't (usually via ignoring the big rule where you treat spells known and preparation as if you were only a single member of that class). This is just to help shut those people up.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Hey, Polearm Mastery was expanded to include spear. Which makes sense. But as a second non-reach, one-handed option it's pretty clear it's intended to be able to work like that. Quarterstaff was so contentious.

A problem I see is the new change for Disintegrate contradicts the Sage Advice about a disintegrate and a wildshaped druid.

And and Exhaustion got nerfed. You can now lose one whole level of it if you are killed and raised. What cheese! Now everyone who gets it will just kill themselves off to wipe it away. :)

Though as a more serious bit, it does mean that if you need to use revivify it will clear a level of exhaustion. Not shabby.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've seen some people willfully misinterpret the way multiclassing works in order to prepare spells they shouldn't (usually via ignoring the big rule where you treat spells known and preparation as if you were only a single member of that class). This is just to help shut those people up.

Figured it was something along those lines...

flametitan

Explorer
Figured it was something along those lines...

It might also have to do with Magic Initiate, as the previous Sage Advice rule for that was that it'd technically add that spell to your spells known if you were of the appropriate class. I'd have to read into it more carefully, but that might also play into it.

Remove ads

Remove ads