Official D&D Errata Updated (Nov 2018) - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 118
  1. #11
    Member
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    9,151
    Quote Originally Posted by flametitan View Post
    One thing I noticed is a weird discrepency in the Demilich errata.

    It was changed from 80 (20d4) to 80 (32d4), which would make sense for the 2.5 average of a d4. The problem, however, is that the Demilich has this annoying sentence, that it seems they didn't axe: "Undead Nature. A demilich doesnt require air, food, drink, or sleep. So great is a demilichs will to survive that it always has the maximum number of hit points for its Hit Dice, instead of average hit points."

    So either someone "corrected" a non-issue, or the Demilich is now supposed to have 128 hit points.
    I think someone forgot the maximum hit point line, as it's a mechanic in the fluff text.

    Really, the point of having averages is to give DMs a range and flexibility with numbers. So if they need a tougher monster, they can choose to roll or go with 75% rather than 50% without "cheating" and adding extra Hit Dice. But the demilich works against that.

    I just hope the "undead nature" line also got removed...
    Read my webcomic & blog at:
    http://www.5mwd.com

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester David View Post
    I think someone forgot the maximum hit point line, as it's a mechanic in the fluff text.

    Really, the point of having averages is to give DMs a range and flexibility with numbers. So if they need a tougher monster, they can choose to roll or go with 75% rather than 50% without "cheating" and adding extra Hit Dice. But the demilich works against that.

    I just hope the "undead nature" line also got removed...
    I'm looking at the D&D Beyond website.

    They didn't axe that line, unless they did in the physical book but forgot to inform Curse...

  3. #13
    Wish they would update the basic rules to incorporate errata.

    XP reelo, Yaarel, CapnZapp, Rya.Reisender gave XP for this post

  4. #14
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    A problem I see is the new change for Disintegrate contradicts the Sage Advice about a disintegrate and a wildshaped druid.
    Funny, I see it as the exact opposite: The new wording comports with the Sage Advice ruling. Disintegrate no longer kills a Wild Shaped druid, because while the damage might reduce a druid to 0 HP, it doesn't leave them with 0 HP, because they are left with whatever their human-form HP is.

    But since there's already a disagreement over the meaning, maybe they need to errata the errata.

    Edit: As Blue pointed out later, I completely mis-remembered the Sage Advice ruling, which said that a Wild Shaped druid IS outright killed by Disintegrate.
    Last edited by Prakriti; Saturday, 17th November, 2018 at 07:00 PM.

  5. #15
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    pukunui's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,014
    Paladins can now smite with their 5th level spell slots!

  6. #16
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,621
    I approve of the pole arm mastery changes.

  7. #17
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,233
    Now the trident is even worse compared to the spear...
    Laugh Satyrn, BookBarbarian laughed with this post

  8. #18
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by pukunui View Post
    Paladins can now smite with their 5th level spell slots!
    No, the bit in question specifies that the bonus against Fiends et al is on top of the existing damage up to 6d8.

    The full updated text from Beyond:

    "Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapons damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend, to a maximum of 6d8."
    Last edited by Parmandur; Friday, 16th November, 2018 at 10:07 PM.
    XP pukunui, squibbles gave XP for this post

  9. #19
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    1,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    A problem I see is the new change for Disintegrate contradicts the Sage Advice about a disintegrate and a wildshaped druid.
    Note sure it does, as pointed out by another, but it does go to show me that Sage Advice is not infallible and is not RAW, it's just advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by flametitan View Post
    I'm looking at the D&D Beyond website.

    They didn't axe that line, unless they did in the physical book but forgot to inform Curse...
    I doubt they go out of their way to inform their partners, they don't with FG. So I'd be surprised if DDB was updated yet. Give them a little time.

  10. #20
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Note sure it does, as pointed out by another, but it does go to show me that Sage Advice is not infallible and is not RAW, it's just advice.


    I doubt they go out of their way to inform their partners, they don't with FG. So I'd be surprised if DDB was updated yet. Give them a little time.
    No, Beyond has the Errata included already.
    XP LordEntrails gave XP for this post

Similar Threads

  1. D&D 5E Player's Handbook Official Errata
    By Morrus in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: Tuesday, 30th June, 2015, 07:25 PM
  2. My Batch of Homebrew Errata for the Player's Handbook
    By Adslahnit in forum *Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sunday, 3rd January, 2010, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •