Today's The Last Day Of Voting For The Most Anticipated Tabletop RPGs Of 2019!

Is Cyberpunk 2077 official? As far as I know, Pondsmith simply said "probably".

Sorry, I can’t add things to the list. They need to have been nominated in the previous stage. Besides, voting ends in a couple of days.
I think the issue with Cyberpunk was that it was nominated as Cyberpunk 2077, but was removed on the grounds that there was little evidence of any actual development. However, as pointed out in the link above, there is apparently development of Cyberpunk: Red which is from the same company but is set at an earlier date in the setting.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think the issue with Cyberpunk was that it was nominated as Cyberpunk 2077, but was removed on the grounds that there was little evidence of any actual development. However, as pointed out in the link above, there is apparently development of Cyberpunk: Red which is from the same company but is set at an earlier date in the setting.

If people don't know the name they can't have been anticipating it that much! Anyhow, it wasn't a valid nomination. The bar for nominations was set pretty low - just type the actual name of the game! :)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Wait, what? They're working on a 4th edition of Fading Suns?!?!?

I said the same thing. I learned of the game when I play tested Noble Armada. Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company. I still have the Noble Armada game. I also have a Fading Suns mug they gave me for the play test. The world seemed intriguing. I would definitely look into this if it happens.

Edit
https://www.ulisses-us.com/games/fading-suns/

Looks like it's in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhaelen

First Post
Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company.
[...]
I recall that Red Brick had picked up 'Fading Suns'. They had also picked up 'Earthdawn' among several other interesting systems and released a pretty good new edition of the rules and all supplements.

It's interesting that Ulisses has now picked it up. They're one of the biggest RPG publishers in Germany, mostly thanks to 'The Dark Eye' ("Das Schwarze Auge").

trancejeremy

Adventurer
So much on that list are retreads - either new versions of old games, new games based on IP that already had games, or deluxe versions.

With that said, the one I'm looking forward to is pretty much that, Paladin using Pendragon for Charlemagne instead of Arthur. But I've always thought that cycle of stories (the Matter of France) had been neglected in recent times, even though they used to be nearly as popular.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I said the same thing. I learned of the game when I play tested Noble Armada. Is Holistic Designs still involved? I think it was sold to another company. I still have the Noble Armada game. I also have a Fading Suns mug they gave me for the play test. The world seemed intriguing. I would definitely look into this if it happens.

Edit

Looks like it's in the works.

I read some of these design diaries. It's being designed by Bill Bridges, with Andrew Greenberg one of the playtesters. The rules are wildly divergent from earlier editions; I'm cautiously optimistic, because I didn't really like the 1e/2e rules (except for the core mechanic, which is being retained). They also updated the metaplot timeline to the year 5018, but like their previous updates, the changes to the overall setting are very light. One thing I loved from earlier editions is the artwork, and while the design diaries have been reusing classic pieces, they haven't really touched on what the new edition's art would be like.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Voting is over, folks! The 10 most anticipated RPGs for 2019 will be posted in the next few days!

Remove ads

Remove ads