Homebrew TUW: Out of the Maelstrom - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 160
  1. #141
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,836

    Y: 2, Day: 106, The Battle Ensues

    OOC: All characters receive 10 DP. Turtle receives 5 DP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Sannit says, "Who will go with me to address the rest of this army?..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellerian Hawke View Post
    Merin says, "I will go with you. I will make a spectacular example of those soldiers who choose to defy us."
    Sheldon quips, "Spectacular pin cushion. There are still 50 archers. While 10 at a time was of no consequence to us, we will likely take some harm from that number."

    Quote Originally Posted by redraider629 View Post
    Vadin aggrees to accompany Sannit. " I will go as well. If they refuse, my sword will be ready for them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    Turtle will help keep an eye on the new recruits, but will only do 'bear' things around them, no tricks or playing games.
    At first light the next day, when much more reasonable to approach than the previous evening, Sannit, Merin, and Vadin can see that the army is breaking camp and preparing to move forward. Bolo and Torvald maintain cover on the right flank, since Turtle is much farther to right with the converted soldiers. Sheldon and Indigo move forward along the left flank, under the protection of cover.

    Unbeknownst to the Seekers, when the Windrunners arrived in town with the note upon one of the harnesses, the fighting members of Southroad Fair and the mounted archers on loan from Boga City, all under the command of Clavo, began moving southward, wanting to chose the field of battle away from the village proper. The Maldrog, heavy squad remained in town as a last line of defense should enemy actually make it that far.

    Turtle is the first to know. A unit of Southroad Scouts had been moving along their far left flank when the group of Ansylin soldiers are seen, Surprised that no alarm is given the scouts move in with arrows at ready, thinking to capture the group, before recognizing Turtle. The bear stands on his hind legs and makes some soft sounds before returning to all fours. The Ansylins do not arm themselves but, instead, make gestures of peace.

    On the main road before Sannit and the others can make parlay distance, much commotion disturbs the gathering of the Ansylin army and preparation to march is forsaken in favor of preparation for combat. Despite the best of intentions, the offer of surrender does not come to the table. The battle is extremely one-sided. The mounted archers circle and cut through the soldiers with unmatched proficiency.

    The area becomes a hail of arrows. All the Seekers take minor scrapes with that much activity, but Indigo, Vadin, and Merin each take a serious arrow wound. One centurion and a few hoplites of the enemy survive the battle, but all are injured to some degree. With battle definitively decided, the mounted archers return to Boga City, leaving what negotiations or conditions of defeat may come to be handled by those in charge at Southroad Fair, namely the Southroad Seekers, without whose help such a decided victory would not have been achieved.

    Character Statistics

    Sheldon: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
    Torvald: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Surcoat: 70 - 12 = 58
    Merindell: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Surcoat: 80 - 6 - 6 = 68
    Indigo: injured
    Body: 10 - 6 = 4
    Vest: 30 - 4 - 4= 22
    Sannit: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Stone Bolts: 10
    Tunic: 60 - 24 - 8 = 28
    Bolo: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Turtle: full health
    Vadin: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Tunic: 60 - 6 - 6 = 48

    Purchasing Power
    OOC:
    Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
    10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
    40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
    42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
    76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
    20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds

    Current Party Holdings
    OOC:
    2 Windrunner Stallions
    8 Windrunner Mares
    2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
    4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
    4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
    2 Harnin Mining Mauls
    2 Harnin Mining Spikes
    2 Harnin Pick Axes
    10 Iron Bricks
    drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
    parchment containing known message

    Current Inventory
    OOC: Animal:
    • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}

    Metal:
    • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
    • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
    • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
    • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
    • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
    • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
    • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
    • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
    • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}

    Plant:
    • nothing here at this time

    Stone:
    • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
    • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
    • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
    • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
    • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
    • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
    • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
    • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
    • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
    • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
    • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)

    .

    Unknown Items
    OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1

    Party Discoveries
    OOC:
    Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
    Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
    Last edited by MacConnell; Friday, 24th May, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
    XP Tellerian Hawke, Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  2. #142
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    780
    Sannit will move quickly to secure the prisoners. If no Seeker objects he will ask for their surrender and to forsake their allegiance to Asylim. Those that refuse are killed, but those that agree are given food, water and medicine. San-Bolo have the freed soldiers help drag the bodies of the Asylim army into the desert to let the elements reclaim them. It will show them they made the right decision to quit the army.

    San-Bolo greet Clavo and the rest of the Southroad Fair army, fully supporting their decision to come out and join the fight. Now it is a victory that the entire town will share, not just another Southroad Seeker story to tell in the Boar's Head.

    Once the dead of the army is cleared away and all the equipment from the army collected, Sannit will ask for volunteers from the new recruits to join (Tor's father) on the coast to help build the new port. Sannit will send supplies from Southroad Fair as well as enough of the captured weapons so that the free people can defend themselves from attack.

    Once back at Southroad Fair organize a feast to celebrate the victory.

    Find out if any of the other recruited soldiers have skills that the town needs. Those that are left can be offered jobs at the carpenters guild and Sannit will speak with the village council about making improvements to the trade route between Southroad Fair and Bergbaulager.
    Last edited by Kwargrow; Monday, 20th May, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    XP MacConnell, Tellerian Hawke gave XP for this post

  3. #143
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Willip, Furyondy
    Posts
    1,564
    Merin will try to ascertain (on the sly, without drawing attention or arousing suspicion) if any of the soldiers have proficiency with The Way.

    Tor will help Sannit gather the supplies and weaponry to send along with the volunteers.

    Both Merin and Tor help Sannit make preparations for the celebration feast.
    XP MacConnell gave XP for this post

  4. #144
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,836

    Y 2: Day 107: Celebration

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Sannit will move quickly to secure the prisoners. If no Seeker objects he will ask for their surrender and to forsake their allegiance to Asylim. Those that refuse are killed, but those that agree are given food, water and medicine.
    GM: The remaining hoplites defer to the remaining centurion, who speaks for them all. He disarms himself and commands his remaining soldiers to do the same. They are surprised and grateful for the offer of food and aid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    San-Bolo have the freed soldiers help drag the bodies of the Asylim army into the desert to let the elements reclaim them...
    GM: The converted soldiers readily obey their assigned task. Those who survived the battle stare but say nothing. The centurion commands the prisoners to sit. He remains standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    San-Bolo greet Clavo and the rest of the Southroad Fair army...

    Once the dead of the army is cleared away and all the equipment from the army collected, Sannit will ask for volunteers from the new recruits to join (Tor's father) on the coast to help build the new port. Sannit will send supplies from Southroad Fair as well as enough of the captured weapons so that the free people can defend themselves from attack.
    GM: All of the Ansylin soldiers are surprised to hear of the remnant of the prison ship and the survival of those incarcerated there at the hands of the Seekers. About a third of the soldiers express an interest in the new developing port.

    Sheldon addresses the Seekers. "These new recruits for Safe Harbor, (I think that is a good name for it), will need an escort to assure their arrival. Once we settle things in town, I think we should all make the return trip. What say you?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    Once back at Southroad Fair organize a feast to celebrate the victory.

    Find out if any of the other recruited soldiers have skills that the town needs...
    GM: All of the Ansylin Regulars compose a physical readiness that suits them to physical labor. None have any technical skill, but it is learned that the centurion can read Ansylin. The new recruits who are to remain in Suthroad Fair are divided between the Scouts and the Carpenters' Guild.

    All Ansylins are astounded to meet a detachment of heavy soldiers from Bergbaulager. Most have not even heard of a Maldrog, much less met one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellerian Hawke View Post
    Merin will try to ascertain (on the sly, without drawing attention or arousing suspicion) if any of the soldiers have proficiency with The Way.
    GM: During the course of the ministrations and inquiries of the soldiers, Merin moves in and about the groups making sure that he passes within 23 strides of every one of them. He does not sense any talent for the manipulation of Way Lines among any of the Ansylins, including the centurion, who he double checks.

    The celebration is enjoyed by everyone. The Maldrogs add great entertainment and camaraderie to the festivities. The archers from Boga City had departed while the day was still light.

    The morning brings a bit of regret for those that enjoyed themselves too much. The Seekers see the aftermath and peaceableness of the town as a good sign for the future. In the quiet of the morning the Ansylins headed for Safe Harbor are gathered on the south end of town.

    Character Statistics

    Sheldon: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
    Torvald: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Surcoat: 70 - 12 = 58
    Merindell: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Surcoat: 80 - 6 - 6 = 68
    Indigo: injured
    Body: 10 - 6 = 4
    Vest: 30 - 4 - 4= 22
    Sannit: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Stone Bolts: 10
    Tunic: 60 - 24 - 8 = 28
    Bolo: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Turtle: full health
    Vadin: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Tunic: 60 - 6 - 6 = 48

    Purchasing Power
    OOC:
    Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
    10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
    40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
    42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
    76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
    20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds

    Current Party Holdings
    OOC:
    2 Windrunner Stallions
    8 Windrunner Mares
    2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
    4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
    4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
    2 Harnin Mining Mauls
    2 Harnin Mining Spikes
    2 Harnin Pick Axes
    10 Iron Bricks
    drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
    parchment containing known message

    Current Inventory
    OOC: Animal:
    • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}

    Metal:
    • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
    • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
    • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
    • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
    • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
    • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
    • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
    • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
    • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}

    Plant:
    • nothing here at this time

    Stone:
    • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
    • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
    • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
    • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
    • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
    • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
    • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
    • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
    • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
    • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
    • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)

    .

    Unknown Items
    OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1

    Party Discoveries
    OOC:
    Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
    Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
    XP Tellerian Hawke, Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  5. #145
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Willip, Furyondy
    Posts
    1,564
    Merin will re-purpose two captured wagons and 8 draft horses (4 per wagon) for the roadtrip, so that adequate supplies might be carried. Despite Merin's (and the other Seekers as well) intentions to hunt during the journey, Merin ensures that there is a good supply of hard tack (dried bread, dried fruit, salted jerky, and the like) as well as at least 4 barrels of water. He also ensures that tools are brought along; axes, shovels, hammers, nails, hatchets, and machetes, so that repairs can be made to the wagon if needed, and so that the trail can be cleared, and periodically marked, for the purposes of building a road in the future.

    Tor helps with this, bearing the brunt of the physical labor, such as loading and unloading, packing, and arranging. Merin, of course, is happy to supervise.
    XP MacConnell, Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  6. #146
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    780
    Sannit will speak to the Bergbaulagers about designs for building ships, since Safe Harbor will need more than one to grow as a port community.

    Bolo will help organize the supplies and assist with the loading.

    During the celebration Turtle will go back to his playful ways, dancing, tumbling, and clapping with the music. He will also eat anything that isn't claimed.

    San-Bolo and Turtle will accompany the supply caravan to Safe Harbor, warning the town elders to keep an eye out for any retaliations from Asylim.
    Last edited by MacConnell; Saturday, 8th June, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
    XP Tellerian Hawke, MacConnell gave XP for this post

  7. #147
    Due to his injuries, Vadin celebrates a bit too much. When he awakens, with a bit of a headache, he drinks some water, and makes his way about town. He smiles at the peace that is around him, but wonders how long that will last.

    He will assist with gathering supplies, as well as loading and unloading with Tor. He also accompanies the supply caravan along with San-Bolo and Turtle. Along the way when stopped he will hunt for any food.
    XP Kwargrow, MacConnell, Tellerian Hawke gave XP for this post

  8. #148
    Member
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,836

    Y 2: Days 108 - 134: Going to Safe Harbor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellerian Hawke View Post
    Merin will re-purpose two captured wagons...
    Very little is required to adequately prepare the captured supply wagons. They were originally pulled by pairs of donkeys. The harnesses are refitted to hold the windrunners. The racing horses are not suitable fare for draft, but they are what is available to the Seekers and the while the horses will return with their riders, all supplies and other people are staying in Safe Harbor. The windrunners have had enough exposure to the machinations of their riders to be encouraged to perform outside of their normal behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Sannit will speak to the Bergbaulagers about designs for building ships, since Safe Harbor will need more than one to grow as a port community.
    The Bergbaulager Explorers who came to the aid of Southroad Fair are a similar unit to the Seekers. Though communication in the Maldrog language is still quite limited, enough exchange of information can be accomplished in piece-meal. The Maldrog convey that they only construct barged which are poled around the edged of the Lunaedriac, but their is a village of Hebrian people across the lake, with whom Bergbaulager trades for textiles, who make sailing vessels with fabric sails that should be more suited to the type of travel required in Safe Harbor. The Seekers are invited to come and travel to the Hebrian village after they return from their present endeavor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    During the celebration Turtle will go back to his playful ways, dancing, tumbling, and clapping with the music. He will also eat anything that isn't claimed.
    The Maldrog also stay for the celebration. They make an excellent addition to the festivities and thoroughly enjoy the antics of the unusual bear. The new village recruits are astounded by the camaraderie.

    During the course of events prior to departure, the remaining Centurion discusses a need to return to Asylim and report. After some discussion, he is allowed to depart, for his reasoning is sound. He plans to report the cooperation of Boga City and Bergbaulager in the defeat of the Ansylin Army. Though the centurion has no delusions about the behavior or desires of the Magisters. He thinks that the knowledge of Boga City, alone, will deter further attempts on the scale of an out-right war. His thinking is that further action will be accomplished through subterfuge.

    Name:  Jungle.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  152.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider629 View Post
    ... Vadin... Along the way when stopped he will hunt for any food.
    Indigo will walk with the horses to lend comfort and guidance during the trip. Sheldon will foray with Vadin to scout and look for game. Ten Ansylin archers and five hoplites accompany the Seekers on the trip.

    It takes 12 days by road to reach the pass that leads into the Ansylin Desert. The party leaves the road and follows the rough terrain along the edge of the Spine toward the coast, which takes only an additional four days, before following the coast for another ten.

    During the trip, the Seekers are forced to kill a predatory bird large enough to have carried off one of the horses. It is the largest bird anyone has ever seen. The horses and the Ansylins are terrified. Everyone is further amazed at the poise and efficiency with which the Seekers handle the entire situation, to the prevention of any loss. Seeing the manipulation of Way Lines in such grandiose display and used for such benevolence leaves them in awe. The Ansylins begin to defer to the Seekers as legendary beings, worthy of such respect.

    Character Statistics

    Sheldon: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
    Torvald: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Surcoat: 70 - 12 = 58
    Merindell: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Surcoat: 80 - 6 - 6 = 68
    Indigo: injured
    Body: 10 - 6 = 4
    Vest: 30 - 4 - 4= 22
    Sannit: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Stone Bolts: 10
    Tunic: 60 - 24 - 8 = 28
    Bolo: hurt
    Body: 10 - 2 = 8
    Turtle: full health
    Vadin: injured
    Body: 10 - 8 = 2
    Tunic: 60 - 6 - 6 = 48

    Purchasing Power
    OOC:
    Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
    10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
    40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
    42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
    76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
    20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds

    Current Party Holdings
    OOC:
    2 Windrunner Stallions
    8 Windrunner Mares
    2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
    5 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
    4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
    2 Harnin Mining Mauls
    2 Harnin Mining Spikes
    2 Harnin Pick Axes
    10 Iron Bricks
    drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
    parchment containing known message

    Current Inventory
    OOC: Animal:
    • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}

    Metal:
    • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
    • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
    • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
    • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
    • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
    • Copper: 2 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
    • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
    • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
    • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}

    Plant:
    • nothing here at this time

    Stone:
    • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
    • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
    • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
    • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
    • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
    • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
    • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
    • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
    • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
    • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
    • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
    • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
    • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)

    .

    Unknown Items
    OOC: Bird Skull (Heron): 1

    Party Discoveries
    OOC:
    Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
    Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
    Last edited by MacConnell; Monday, 8th July, 2019 at 07:16 PM.
    XP Tellerian Hawke, Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  9. #149
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    780
    Sannit says to the other Seekers, "In order for Safe Harbor to succeed they will new ships, both large and small. I spoke to the Maldrog about designs for sailing vessels, and they told me there are some Hebrian tribes on the shores of the Luniadriac that make them. After we deliver the supplies, I propose we journey back to Bergbaulager and the mountain lake to trade for sailing designs to bring back to Safe Harbor so they can start building their own vessels."
    XP MacConnell, Tellerian Hawke gave XP for this post

  10. #150
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Willip, Furyondy
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by The GM
    "...His thinking is that further action will be accomplished through subterfuge."
    Before the Centurion sets out on his journey, Merin will ask him the following:

    Merin asks, "Do you believe that they will take you back into their fold, without causing you harm? Surely you realize that you are risking your life...? And if they do take you back, how do you propose to communicate with us? Or do you simply intend to undermine their authority where you can, little by little? We'd like to help, if there is any way that we could possibly do so."

    Merin also speaks to Sannit, after hearing his proposal.

    Merin says, "That's a good plan, but they might not simply sell us the plans; such things might be considered family secrets or sacred tribal traditions. We might need to content ourselves with hiring a couple or three shipwrights. Of course, the building crew will eventually acquire the skills necessary to build a ship independently, so I could be wrong; it wouldn't be the first time that I have over-analyzed a situation."

    Tor laughs heartily at the sincerity of Merin's last statement.
    Last edited by Tellerian Hawke; Monday, 17th June, 2019 at 07:35 PM.
    XP MacConnell, Kwargrow gave XP for this post

Similar Threads

  1. Maelstrom or Stormwrack?
    By Zander in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Tuesday, 10th May, 2005, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •