Campaign Elevator Pitch

Tormyr

Adventurer
Very cool.

Actually, I was going to leave Kyuss as a full-blown god, who survived their extinction by virtue of being imprisoned. Of course, that leaves the PCs with a dilemma - is it better to leave the world a godless wasteland, or hand it over to a god who is himself awful.

However, where I was running into more trouble was the giant/dragon conflict in "Kings of the Rift", and also what to do with Dragotha.

Nice idea with Kyuss. I am not as familiar with Athas, but maybe Dragotha is an ancient sorcerer king who long ago was given lichdom by Kyuss and laid waste to a land far beyond the had cliffs. The conflict with the giants happens in the jagged cliffs. Dragotha is so powerful that he conscripted other sorcerer Kings over the ages to his service. The heroes then teleport in adventure 11 to the rift which is far beyond the jagged cliffs.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
What follows is an idea I've been working on, although it is NOT my home setting.

ECHINEIS
Lord of the Rings meets Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight series.

Long ago, the demons triumphed over the gods.
The cosmic balance is broken; the gods need heroes to help them take back the throne of heaven . . .

"OK recruits, listen up. You all seemed to work together well during training, so you are grouped for your first assignment for the Order.

A trade delegation has gone missing. They were traveling overland from Mirabar to Waterdeep. Their last communication mentioned stopped in the tiny village of Beliard, where some of the group intended to visit sacred dwarven sites before continuing on to Goldenfields. They were last seen at the west end of the Stone Bridge, turning south to proceed overland through the heart of the Sumber Hills. It has now been almost a month, and the delegation never showed up at Goldenfields or any other outpost.

One of you has a personal connection with this mission. Annaraviel, I'm sorry to confirm that your fiancé was with the delegation. I understand if you want out of this, *pause*, yes, I thought that would be the case. Good on ye, comrade

Right then. You all have some individual directives from your sponsors but understand that the overall mission takes priority. Find out what happened to the trade delegation. Bring them home, alive if possible. If not possible, avenge their deaths. Publicly.

Above all, Show the Gauntlet.

Helm's blessing be on ye all."

TheSword

Legend
Such an awesome idea. I was originally going to do AOW as a pirate campaign, linking in some of Paizo’s Skull and Shackles path but I love the idea of setting this in Athas. Now I think of it, I reckon it fits uncannily well!

Tormyr

Adventurer
Voyager always had the strongest concept behind it, this would be great as a Spelljammer campaign.
If someone said The Spelljammer version of "Star Trek: Enterprise", like, what would that even mean?

Spelljammer: The Temporal Cold War? ;)

EDIT: Or Spelljammer: The Hallucinatory Terrain Simulation?

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
If someone said The Spelljammer version of "Star Trek: Enterprise", like, what would that even mean?

The PCs are all from an obscure, peaceful world on the edge of known space, they've just made first contact with the elven Armada, have built their first ship with a real Helm, and are now setting out to see what's "out there".

That could work, especially with players new to Spelljammer. I wouldn't try it with veterans, though - one of the big problems with "ST: Enterprise" was that they were boldly going where their entire core audience had gone before. (Of course, that wasn't the only problem with Enterprise, nor the biggest!)

But, yeah, I'd absolutely stay away from time-travel, holodrecks, and the Borg.

That could work, especially with players new to Spelljammer. I wouldn't try it with veterans, though - one of the big problems with "ST: Enterprise" was that they were boldly going where their entire core audience had gone before. (Of course, that wasn't the only problem with Enterprise, nor the biggest!)

True. I found the theme music at the start to be a bigger break in cannon than anything they did later on Discovery, but I think I'm getting a little off topic.

Besides, if we're going to try something based on the works of Scott Bakula, a Quantum Leap - plane hopping campaign is probably a better way to go. :p

The Wandering woods

A magical forest moves randomly around the map, it is slowly making it's way towards an Inn or village the players live in.
The campaign centers around the heroes exploring the woods in the hopes of learning it's secrets. A group of hags claim to be in control of the woods, but this is a lie. The forest was planted with seeds brought over from the feywild and grown with wild magic, it cannot be controlled.

(this could work as an adventure, but I used the premise as the basis of my last campaign)

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
Foodland!

A land of candy and desserts, where chocolate pudding is an ooze monster and licorice knights fight for supremacy (red vs black, of course).

In the land of meat, the civilized cooked meat people are being raided by the savage raw meat folk.

The land of fruits and veggies, the land of grains, etc...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases