Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Intrigue Pocket Edition Arrives in Late January 2019

Hello my fellow Paizo devotees, come gather round the feet of the Golem and see what treats it has brought us! We’ve come to the last (at least of this writing) of the January releases from Paizo, and wouldn’t you know it – it’s another Pathfinder 1E product! It seems like first edition will be strong and healthy right up until they completely cut it off for 2E. With that said, let’s dive into the latest Pocket Edition!
Hello my fellow Paizo devotees, come gather round the feet of the Golem and see what treats it has brought us! We’ve come to the last (at least of this writing) of the January releases from Paizo, and wouldn’t you know it – it’s another Pathfinder 1E product! It seems like first edition will be strong and healthy right up until they completely cut it off for 2E. With that said, let’s dive into the latest Pocket Edition! Just in case you didn’t have enough to do while away from smelly caves and dark dungeons what with the Ultimate Campaign Pocket Edition, the Ultimate Intrigue Pocket Editionhas come along to save the day! Sometimes literally, in fact – you’ll recall that this was the supplement that introduced us to the Vigilante base class, letting you take to the streets as your favorite totally-not-a-copyrighted-character. Be a mild-mannered dilettante one moment and a “cloaked crusader” the next! I’m also fond of this book because it gives bards even more ways to use their silver tongues. And now it fits in your (cargo) pocket! What a deal.

Like the Pocket Editions that came before, the Ultimate Intrigue Pocket Edition is a slimmer, smaller, and cheaper version of its hardcover brethren. I’m always torn between the weight and convenience of the Pocket Editions, and the heft and feel in my hands of the regular editions. What do you prefer? Will you go for the gnome-sized book? Let us know in the comments!

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWriter) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. If you enjoy the daily news and articles from EN World, please consider contributing to our Patreon!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

I wonder about the no-core classes in the second Ed.

And I missing the Spanish translation of Pathfinder Bestiary 3 what never will be published by Devir.

JEB

Legend
Cool, if they're up to Pocket Ultimate Intrigue, maybe they'll get to Pocket Book of the Damned soon. And then they'll finally find time to get rid of the pedophile daemon in the book.

I don't know about the comment about "It seems like first edition will be strong and healthy right up until they completely cut it off for 2E."

I don't know what their other releases were, but surely re-doing an already released book in a different format is Paizo's way of releasing something for as low a cost as possible, saving them money. Yes, they would have had to re-do the layout, but would have saved quite a bit of money on the art and writing, in much the same way that WotC saved money by re-releasing the 1E, 2E and 3.5E rulebooks.

default_entry

First Post
I don't know about the comment about "It seems like first edition will be strong and healthy right up until they completely cut it off for 2E."

I don't know what their other releases were, but surely re-doing an already released book in a different format is Paizo's way of releasing something for as low a cost as possible, saving them money. Yes, they would have had to re-do the layout, but would have saved quite a bit of money on the art and writing, in much the same way that WotC saved money by re-releasing the 1E, 2E and 3.5E rulebooks.

I'm not sure they had to do anything for layout - they're identical down to the page count, just 2/3 the size (and weight!).

I wonder if its a way to help reduce backlash against a hard stop to 1E material? Keep them available in PDF and a lower-cost softcover?

Remove ads

Remove ads