Talls Strongholds and Followers adventure - Full

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sorry for my absence - I overestimated my opportunities to post while on my holiday. That'll last another week or so. I'll get a post up in the IC.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm heading out of town for a week's vacation on Friday, so I likely won't get a post in next week. I'll be back on June 10 and start trying to catch up.

TallIan

Explorer
Trying to determine if Eowyn knows what this is and any special dangers (i.e. poison attack or any attacks requiring saves, etc.)
Nature: 1d20 7
Ugh. I wish Hermit gave you Nature instead of Religion for this character LOL Custom background? Just seems more in line with the character.

I don't think it would make a difference here.

Since I don't think you have used religion, and the fact that we are still quite early in the game, I don't see that change being a problem.

TallIan

Explorer
Sorry everyone, I have been a little distracted the last couple of weeks and have overlooked this game and my last post in the IC. Since [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] is still AFK I will post somthing tomorrow to move the combat forward.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Thanks, I figured my turn would be before Eowyn so I'd have to wait for next round, but if not, then here I go! :)

I had to think about this a little the last time it came up.

Since you're all effectively acting on the same initiative any time a PC goes down, the player would miss a turn. Around a table this might make an effective counter to "whack-a-PC" but the probability of being locked out for several turns seems a little harsh for a PbP game where several turns could mean a month of real time going by without the player taking an action.

With normal initiative the party would have a tactical choice of using an action to heal a PC before his turn and allowing him an action or doing something more efficient and losing the downed PC's action. That tactical choice doesn't exist the way I'm doing initiative in this game.

While I try to keep an open mind to different definitions of fun, I can't believe that doing nothing in a game you're supposed to be playing in is fun for anyone.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, that's a very good logic. And I was about to counter that by saying I can still play my retainer, but then there are only two retainers in the game (so far?) so that doesn't fly.

I'm good either way, I just like having clarity. Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases