WotBS Burning Sky prequel?

Bill T.

Explorer
Hi, everyone,

I'm looking to put together another group to play War of the Burning Sky, and at least one of the potential players has vaguely hinted that before-session session might be in order. Does anyone have any suggestions on what such a prequel might look like? At this point I'm vaguely thinking the party (which may not ultimately be The Heroes) have left the Monastery of Two Winds for Sequen and have various minor Adventures. Also, in the process, they learn that Coaltongue is presumed dead and maybe somehow witness some of the consequences of the Burning Sky. Sadly, the Adventures and the Information have precious little to do with each other so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

Lylandra

Adventurer
If you want a short introductory adventure, then you could let them play the Ragesians who try to storm castle Korstull.

They might be loyal soldiers from any kind of occupation and are being told that they have to help the Exarch of Sindaire defeat a rebellion. Propaganda and patriotism have taught them that Sindaire is a quasi-vassal/ally of Ragesia, so it makes sense to send an army to this nation (impressively via Torch)

So they would learn about Coaltongue first hand, get to know about Inquisitors Darius and Griiat (the big bad of adventure 6) and fight under Magdus (and maybe another Rag general thrown in for cameo's sake). Of course, the mission is successful in the end, the party may even get some loot and then, when they make rest in their encampment, you can read or describe them what happened in the prologue: A dark cloud hanging over Korstull, then fire raining from the sky and all hell breaking loose.

And there it ends.

You could have them play minions of Guthwulf as he hunts down a renegade wizard just after Coaltongue dies. They succeed, and Guthwulf sucks out the soul of the mage and offers it to a devil.

Bill T.

Explorer
If you want a short introductory adventure, then you could let them play the Ragesians who try to storm castle Korstull...then fire raining from the sky and all hell breaking loose.

Ooh, intriguing! A very dark opening to the campaign -- I like it!

Thanks, Lylandra and RangerWickett, for the suggestions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases