WOIN [WOIN] Grenades!

Greg Lewis

First Post
During our last session a baddie lobbed a grenade at our characters and we got a bit confused by the rules. Our GM made some decisions on the fly and the session was fun but I am wondering what the actual rulings should be.

The grenade was lobbed and 3 characters were in the blast radius. One of those characters was in cover. According to page 104 we should make one attack roll and apply that against each target's VITALS defence.

1. How do we work the cover? do we have to make a separate attack roll for the characters in cover? or is cover ineffective against grenades?

2. is SOAK effective against Grenades as they target VITALS defence not ranged or melee?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You could choose between rolling it separately, or making the two "cover dice" clear in the roll so you can remove them for that target. The one roll for all is really just a convenience to speed up the game -- you could roll for everybody individually, but that can slow things down.

SOAK is effective against grenades, yep, unless it's damage type which says otherwise. It wouldn't work against gas grenades, for example.

knikpiw

Explorer
The first roll is against vital defense, to target that persons square. So you will almost certainly hit even if it lands next to the person, thanks to the burst radius. For the person in cover, you apply the soak of whatever object he is behind. So something wooden like a door/table etc. would have a SOAK of 5, take that from the damage and apply it to the person in cover. For steel, rock or even trees, that would have too much SOAK for a generic grenade to go through so no need to do the maths for them.

Hope this helps.

toteo

First Post
Am I missing something, or are grenade stats and rules missing from N.O.W.? I’ve been trying to use the system for an espionage game, but I can’t find any grenade rules in the book. Thanks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Am I missing something, or are grenade stats and rules missing from N.O.W.? I’ve been trying to use the system for an espionage game, but I can’t find any grenade rules in the book. Thanks.

Yeah, they didn’t make it into the final book. Basically, 2d6 damage, 10’ radius burst, range increment of 15’.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases