The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

So was it a different timeline or the same one? Will next episode be about what happens if Ed and Kelly never get together?
We don’t know....
It is telling that the ship faded to white without seeing what happened when she went back.

So the next episode could be status quo everything normal. Or it could be an alternate timeline where Ed and Kelly never married.

Okay, the text on the next episode sez:

The Orville Season 2 Episode 14: "The Road Not Taken"

The crew must contend with the disastrous fallout from Kelly's decision. (air date: April 25, 2019)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...orrrrrr

What if Dr. Aronov emerges from a ball of hot plasma in a modified space shuttle, trying to get Kelly to come back in time with him to correct the timeline?

CapnZapp

Legend
That actually wasn't too bad.

Palicki had a tough task but she pulled it off. And time travel shenanigans always offer the opportunity for goofing around (sorely lacking in S2). The Captain acting like a shitheel when he was all like "if you don't take me back I'll bang your younger hotter self".

(Only problem was, I don't think that douchebag move was intentional. I fear the writers honestly believe asking for permission makes it okay. As if people, especially women, in the future are immune to insecurities based on looks and age... :hmm:)

So I'm actually stoked for the next episode! Speculation time!

I realize the alternate timeline is there to suck, so I'll accept that the next episode must end with Kelly deciding to accept that second date with Ed after all. But please pretty please let the explanation not be "Kelly becomes Captain and is bad at it". Or, even worse, that the Union needs Captain Perfect Mercer for its existence!

There can be any number of explanations that doesn't suck, so it's too soon to fear either of those two. For example: Gordon's hot-shot piloting skills are needed, and he's only aboard because Mercer chose him. Or maybe Mercer actually needs to fail during one of the Orville's away missions, and without Kelly's rejection, he's not the Orville's captain during the right time. The possibilities are endless.

I'll take most anything, really. Except McFarlane writing himself into the role of a flawless hero with a blindingly smug smile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases