The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Would you please tell that to my DM? I've been trying to get him to let me play elves with that kind of strength bonus, but he's not going for it. :D

I never pictured elves being heavy worlders though. Light world is more likely.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
For me that's the biggest reason I'm enjoying the show. The show seems to me t be a light parody of Star Trek mixed with some serious themes and issues. There are enough serious sci-fi shows out there that the jokes and humor put the Orville into a new and refreshing category for me.
This is why I like it. They have some crazy serious moments for something by Seth McFarlane but they still have some light humour thrown in which I like.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They're called dwarves or Patriots fans.

That doesn’t sound right- D&D dwarves get bonuses when facing Giants.
8bb59dc7-f022-42d4-9802-606b5055b9d4.gif

darjr

I crit!
I knew something was up when she said her favorite was "Taxi Driver"

But I have to admit, I didn't figure it out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t have a problem with the dummy codes. I have a problem with him admitting they were dummies when asked.

Thinking about it for a minute, I don't think it is such a problem. We must accept that, as a practical matter, word doesn't get around.

Why? Because it is a very complicated system, must be deployed fleet-wide, and known to every single person with relevant codes - this isn't a tightly held secret, as there are too many people involved. And, it isn't really plausible that he's the first captain to get caught and pressured for codes. So, presumably, the fact that they use dummy codes has been revealed any number of times already. But, their biggest enemies, who can manage to get a fake crewmember onto a ship, don't know about it.

Perhaps historically, the fake codes have enabled the Union to delay and bust the heads of anyone who managed to get them. Or maybe the embarrassment of getting played keeps people quiet.

Or, maybe Mercer was lying. The codes he gave were real. He just doesn't want her to try using them if they survive....

Remove ads