RPG Crowdfunding News – Streets of Avalon, Dragon Scales, Monsters & Magic, Gauntlets & Gaslight, an

The ebb and flow of crowdfunding is cyclic. I’m writing this article in the last days of December for RPG Kickstarters that end between January 11th and the 17th. Despite occupying the post-vacation portion of January it totals only two RPG Kickstarters. Interestingly, I doubt it’s the end date that deterred launching more projects, instead it was the attention magnet that is the holiday season. Yet, this lull presented me an opportunity to cover a few still active RPG Kickstarters (that end before January 11th), those that slipped through the cracks.

The ebb and flow of crowdfunding is cyclic. I’m writing this article in the last days of December for RPG Kickstarters that end between January 11th and the 17th. Despite occupying the post-vacation portion of January it totals only two RPG Kickstarters. Interestingly, I doubt it’s the end date that deterred launching more projects, instead it was the attention magnet that is the holiday season. Yet, this lull presented me an opportunity to cover a few still active RPG Kickstarters (that end before January 11th), those that slipped through the cracks.

The Streets of Avalon by Encoded Designs
END DATE: Thu, January 17 2019 8:58 AM EST.
SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e
PROJECT TYPE: Mega city sourcebook
MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $24 for a PDF and POD code for the core book plus all PDF stretch goals

“Welcome to The Streets of Avalon. This massive fantasy city holds adventure, intrigue, and a darkness that comes from its denizens, both above and below. This Kickstarter is to fund the sourcebook for the city of Avalon along with additional material through stretch goals to add more darkness to the city and provide supplemental material for the world’s most popular role playing game. The Streets of Avalon has a gazetteer of the city covering the people who live there, the areas of the huge city, the economy, festivals, religions, guilds, noble houses, weather, seasons, magic, monsters, and a partridge in a pear tree. There’s also a GMing section which provides advice on how to make the city of Avalon come to life and what gives an Avalon game its distinct feel. It also covers the idea of the neighborhood as an adventure location, having a base of operations, and a number of adventure types: Political Intrigue, Dungeon Crawling/Treasure Hunting, Heists, Investigation/Crime Solving, and Monster Hunting. The final part of this section has information on the races and classes that exist in Avalon, how they function within this setting, and what changes you might need to make, if any. There’s also a lot of flavor in this book. Art, letters, quotes, and sidebars which help GMs and players understand the tone of Avalon. The Streets of Avalon is planned to be a 6" x 9”, 110 - 130 page book, with black and white interior art. The Streets of Avalon, a mega city sourcebook for the 5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.”​

Dragon Scales: A Tabletop RPG Game of Chance™ by David Savedge
END DATE: Sun, January 13 2019 8:30 PM EST.
PROJECT TYPE: RPG accessory
MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 for printed rules, 6 iron runes, and a cloth drawstring bag

Dragon Scales is a rune based game of chance for use with any Role Playing Game System. The rules are straightforward and designed to favor the adventurer, inspiring excitement and fun. The game is played with six handmade runes that are cast across your favorite tavern table. Place your wager then the runes are cast and re-cast until one remains face up or all blank. If all are blank, it's a draw. If one remains face up then you will consult a results table in the printed rules. The game comes with a printed color graphic quick reference card and the two page black and white printed rules that include examples of play and a background of Dragon Scales. This is a complete game that will have detailed rules included with the rune sets. It entails placing a wager, casting and re-casting the runes down to one remaining, and consulting a results table. I am offering rune sets of wood, iron, and brass. Each set comes with a cloth drawstring bag and a copy of the rules. My name is David Savedge and I am a blacksmith and artist. I started smithing and metal work as a child and trained with a journeyman blacksmith at Jamestown Settlement and a master brass founder at Colonial Williamsburg [in Virginia]. I have finally built a basic shop on my farm, Ravenstead. It's a simple shop reminiscent of the 17th century shop I worked in at Jamestown.”​

[h=3]ENDING SOON(ER)[/h] Monsters & Magic: 100+ New Creatures and Items for 5e by Windmill Slam Games
END DATE: Thu, January 10 2019 6:46 AM EST.
SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e
PROJECT TYPE: Rules expansion (monsters and items)
MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: €15 for PDF book, digital maps, digital monster tokens, all PDF stretch goals

Since the days of our grandfathers heroes have risked their life, undertaking perilous journeys and fighting mighty foes for treasure and glory. Steel yourself, face the peril and walk off with great rewards! This tome introduces over 100 monsters and 100 magic items inspired by European legends to fifth edition. You’re getting a book that will be about 300-350 pages in length, hand drawn in greyscale and ink by a team of talented artists. Like the legends and sagas of old, the atmosphere in this book is both grim and mysterious. Working with industry veteran, two-times Hugo Award winning artist Don Maitz and excellent mapper Dark Realms Maps, [and] some of our favorite artists, including the extremely talented Eoghan Kerrigan & OnHolyServiceBound! Guest writers include bestselling fantasy writer Jesper Schmidt, who will be previewing some monsters from his new book, Fantasy foodie Sophie Grunnet, Dragon Magazine contributor Scott Noel, Lands of Adversity author Jack Crawford. Over a hundred new monsters and magic items for the fifth edition of the roleplaying game we all love!”​

Gauntlets & Gaslight: Gothic Horror Steampunk, Pathfinder/5E by Infinium Game Studios
END DATE: Mon, January 7 2019 4:00 PM EST.
SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e and Pathfinder 1e
PROJECT TYPE: Rules expansion
MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $30 for 3 PDFs for either 5e or PF1e

“Automata, constructs, and fleshbots now inhabit and dominate the former kingdom of Nycarrad in Aquilae, the campaign setting in which Infinium Game Studios' adventures take place. Although these books were created to take place within the campaign setting of Aquilae, all content in all products can fit easily into all existing campaign settings, or your homebrew setting. Designed for Pathfinder and 5E, the core concepts and innovations can arguably be used in any fantasy RPG rules system. This project provides a wealth of gothic horror steampunk, aka "fleshpunk", rules and resources. It's three books. Gauntlets & Gaslight describes weapons, armor, items, machinery, tools, vehicles, monsters, characters, spells, classes, factions, and more that breathe new, exciting, macabre life into your fantasy RPG campaign. Incarnae of Aquilae: Bestiary. Dozens of unique golem/elemental constructs, each the physical embodiment of an abstract concept. Artifacts & Artifice: Incarnae. Dozens of mad-scientist-style steampunk artifacts, used in or associated with the forging of Incarnae. Gauntlets & Gaslight Forgebook. The "core book" of the project, intended to provide a wealth of rules and resources for gothic horror steampunk roleplaying. New monsters, powerful artifacts, and rules to forge Incarnae: golem/elementals that embody abstract concepts. For Pathfinder and 5E.”​

Chronicle Cards - Universal RPG Tools by Will Spooner-Adey, and Michael Cowles
END DATE: Sun, January 6 2019 9:31 PM EST.
SYSTEM(S): Any fantasy RPG system
PROJECT TYPE: Rules expansion and accessory
MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: AU$85 plus shipping for print-and-play PDF, 4x Bags of Protection, and 4x Decks of Your Choice

Our aim is to create high quality, accessible tools for players of any RPG system. Whether you're a GM, DM, Storyteller, or anything in between, our card decks have something to offer you. They are perfect for new creators to help develop their world, as well as being a terrific resource and inspiration for experienced players. Chronicle Card decks are universal, and can be introduced into any session instantly. They are compact, quick and easy to use [to] create a new character, creature, event, or item in seconds - perfect for when your group catches you by surprise, add extra depth to any setting, and keep your players guessing, develop an extra dimension to player experiences - no encounter will be the same, draw them during the game to add suspense (or to fill time as your group inevitably goes off the rails), draw them ahead of time during the preparation of an encounter or campaign to get your creative juices flowing, [or] save time rolling on reference tables or flipping across multiple pages and books. 50 cards per deck. Easily create engaging characters, items, encounters and more for ANY role playing game (not just 5e DnD!)”

If you like what we do here at EN World (the Forums, Columns, News, ENnies, etc) and would like to help support us to bring you MORE please consider supporting our Patreon. Even a single dollar helps! This article was contributed by Egg Embryas part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. Please note that Egg is a participant in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to DriveThruRPG.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

AriochQ

Adventurer
Streets of Avalon looks pretty reasonable at $24 for pdf and print on demand. Never hurts having a fleshed out city in your toolbox that you can drop in when needed. Backed.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I love a good city book but the "Incredible Art" is very subjective and I dont know if I would call the art they are showing as a selling point. I would lean on the other content

Remove ads

Remove ads