Life shaped items?

abe ray

Explorer
How would you fine people create life shaped items from dark sun for 3.5 dnd? I’m talking climbing boots, blood clots and the like.

abe ray

Explorer
They are in psionic artifacts of athas if it helps. Basically they’re living equelevent of magic items! I’m asking if you’d need a feat to make them or not.

Last edited:

Samloyal23

Adventurer
First off, remember that they are ALIVE, they are creatures designed to operate and/or look like a tool, weapon, or garment. They are not necessarily intelligent or possess psionic abilities, some are just dumb animals or plants with a little something extra. They are bio-technology. Before Athas even came out, I made up a race that had living technology. They had sea mollusks that they wore as armour, basically parasitic abalone shells that were as strong as steel. They had giant spiders that used their webbing to create solid walls to construct buildings. Each house had a creature like a giant clam that was used as a toilet because it was designed to eat waste. Be creative...

Windriders of the Jagged Cliffs has a lot more info.

They cover all kinds of non-magical items, including dead but organic material (eg discarded husks, for simple things like cutlery), to grafts, full creatures and "other" (for instance, a "weapon" that spews forth something similar to a tanglefoot bag).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases