D&D 5E Talls S&H adventure

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn finds the campsite well cleared when the campers left. The only thing of note is that there are a few small footprints, like those of children.

Finding nothing you continue to parallel the old road. Not to much later you come across the ruins of a simple hovel, like the ones the charcoal burners of Gravesford live in while tending their mounds. It's clearly not been used in decades but it suggests a larger settlement nearby - at least in the past.

GM: Last survival check. It can be from anyone, even those who rolled already.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford/Woods
Round 0

Eowyn studied the children’s footprints closely, curious. Then they continued on the path, finding the small hovel. She poked silently around inside. It was old, abandoned, the woad pressing in on it.

Survival: 1d20+7 8

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn lead the ratcatchers through the forest, closer to the old castle. Focused on choosing a route she almost missed the change in the forrest - its too quiet, and smells wrong...

Suddenly a huge patch of forest rears up in front of you. Not a patch of forest - some kind of plant.

OOC: Initiative. Anyone who gets 6 or higher can go.

Whoever is in front is 10ft from the shambling mound. The rest of you are in a line behind him/her, but you can be spread out.

We should probably make a marching order for future encounters.

latest

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What's that?!" roars Saarthax as the green mount of plants rears up ahead. He raises his longsword and shield, preparing for battle.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]

Edit: I assume Eowyn is in front, because of her tracking, so Saarthax will move forward and defend the halfling he sees as vulnerable. Which means that I take the Ready action: If the creature comes within melee range of Saarthax or Eowyn, I will attack it.

Last edited:

U'Tempei

Initiative: [roll0]

U'Tempei immediate loads her crossbow and fires at the creature. (Twice, sharpshooter) She probably misses both times.
Crossbow sharpshooter: 2#1d20+3 12 8 2#1d6+13 17 17

She stays at the rear of the party where I'm guessing she was in the marching order.

Last edited:

Herosmith14

First Post
Orin flicks his eyes up and draws his bow at the massive plant creature, sending an arrow into the writhing vegatation.

OOC:
Initiative: [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Consumables
Health: 13/43
Arrows: 17/20
Relentless Endurance: 1/1

TallIan

Explorer
Saarthax rushes forward to defend his half fling ally as U'Tempei and Orin send projectiles that skitter through the mass of plant without hitting anything.

GM: @Justincase It will attack on its turn so go ahead and roll your attacks.

Don't forget about your retainers.

I thought you guys had taken a short rest after the fight with orcs? I can't find an updated HP count for Saarthax (I'll have more time to look tomorrow).

Orin: 13/43
U'Tempei: 38/49
Saarthax: 0/44
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Shambling mound: 156/156

Retainers
Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford/Woods
Round 1

Initiative: 1d20+2 14

OOC: Let me know if Saarthax needs healing.

Eowyn yipped in surprise as the forest floor rose up in front of her. She scampered behind Saarthax as he stepped in front of her. She dug into the pouch at her belt and pulled out three stones, imbuing them with magic and loading one into her sling, which she fired at the creature.

OOC: Trying to determine if Eowyn knows what this is and any special dangers (i.e. poison attack or any attacks requiring saves, etc.)
OOC:
OOC:
Nature: 1d20 7
Ugh. I wish Hermit gave you Nature instead of Religion for this character LOL Custom background? Just seems more in line with the character.

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Fire Magic Stone
Magic Stone: 1d20+7 9
Damage: 1d6+4 8
Bonus Action: Cast Magic Stone (3/3, 10r)
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]