5E Talls S&H adventure - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 171
  1. #151
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,396
    Eowyn finds the campsite well cleared when the campers left. The only thing of note is that there are a few small footprints, like those of children.

    Finding nothing you continue to parallel the old road. Not to much later you come across the ruins of a simple hovel, like the ones the charcoal burners of Gravesford live in while tending their mounds. It's clearly not been used in decades but it suggests a larger settlement nearby - at least in the past.

    GM: Last survival check. It can be from anyone, even those who rolled already.

  2. #152
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,814
    Eowyn Rosebud
    Early Morning
    Gravesford/Woods
    Round 0

    Eowyn studied the childrenĺs footprints closely, curious. Then they continued on the path, finding the small hovel. She poked silently around inside. It was old, abandoned, the woad pressing in on it.

    Survival: 1d20+7 8

    Eowynĺs Actions

    Save:
    Move:
    Free Object Interaction:
    Action:
    Bonus Action:
    Reaction:
    Conditions:
    Concentration:
    Inspiration:


    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +2
    Perception: +4
    Speed: 25
    AC: 16
    HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

    Spells
    Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
    Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
    1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
    2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
    3) 0/2 Dispel Magic


    Party Loot



    Goals



    Party

    U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
    Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
    Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
    Orin - warbred mastermind rogue

  3. #153
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,396
    Eowyn lead the ratcatchers through the forest, closer to the old castle. Focused on choosing a route she almost missed the change in the forrest - its too quiet, and smells wrong...

    Suddenly a huge patch of forest rears up in front of you. Not a patch of forest - some kind of plant.

    OOC: Initiative. Anyone who gets 6 or higher can go.

    Whoever is in front is 10ft from the shambling mound. The rest of you are in a line behind him/her, but you can be spread out.

    We should probably make a marching order for future encounters.



  4. #154
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,320
    "What's that?!" roars Saarthax as the green mount of plants rears up ahead. He raises his longsword and shield, preparing for battle.

    OOC: Initiative: (1d20)[11]

    Edit: I assume Eowyn is in front, because of her tracking, so Saarthax will move forward and defend the halfling he sees as vulnerable. Which means that I take the Ready action: If the creature comes within melee range of Saarthax or Eowyn, I will attack it.
    Last edited by JustinCase; Monday, 3rd June, 2019 at 09:34 AM.

  5. #155
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,580
    U'Tempei

    Initiative: (1d20+4)[10]

    U'Tempei immediate loads her crossbow and fires at the creature. (Twice, sharpshooter) She probably misses both times.
    Crossbow sharpshooter: 2#1d20+3 12 8 2#1d6+13 17 17

    She stays at the rear of the party where I'm guessing she was in the marching order.
    Last edited by jmucchiello; Monday, 3rd June, 2019 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #156
    Orin flicks his eyes up and draws his bow at the massive plant creature, sending an arrow into the writhing vegatation.

    OOC:
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[17]

    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[9]

    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]

    Consumables
    Health: 13/43
    Arrows: 17/20
    Relentless Endurance: 1/1

  7. #157
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,396
    Saarthax rushes forward to defend his half fling ally as U'Tempei and Orin send projectiles that skitter through the mass of plant without hitting anything.

    GM: @Justincase It will attack on its turn so go ahead and roll your attacks.

    Don't forget about your retainers.

    I thought you guys had taken a short rest after the fight with orcs? I can't find an updated HP count for Saarthax (I'll have more time to look tomorrow).

    Orin: 13/43
    U'Tempei: 38/49
    Saarthax: 0/44
    Eowyn: 34/34
    Arcata: 32/32

    Shambling mound: 156/156

    Retainers
    Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
    Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)

  8. #158
    Community Supporter
    Superhero (Lvl 15)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Central, NJ, USA
    Posts
    7,580
    I wasn't aware of a short rest. U'Tempei would have spent a hit die.

    Hit Die (1d10+3)[8] (If we did rest)

  9. #159
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,396
    GM:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    I wasn't aware of a short rest. U'Tempei would have spent a hit die...
    Hmm... Something made me think that you had taken a short rest, but looking back there is no mention of it. I am happy for you to have taken one while in the town.

  10. #160
    Member
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)



    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,814
    Eowyn Rosebud
    Early Morning
    Gravesford/Woods
    Round 1

    Initiative: 1d20+2 14

    OOC: Let me know if Saarthax needs healing.


    Eowyn yipped in surprise as the forest floor rose up in front of her. She scampered behind Saarthax as he stepped in front of her. She dug into the pouch at her belt and pulled out three stones, imbuing them with magic and loading one into her sling, which she fired at the creature.

    OOC: Trying to determine if Eowyn knows what this is and any special dangers (i.e. poison attack or any attacks requiring saves, etc.)
    OOC:
    Nature: 1d20 7
    Ugh. I wish Hermit gave you Nature instead of Religion for this character LOL Custom background? Just seems more in line with the character.


    Eowynĺs Actions

    Save:
    Move:
    Free Object Interaction:
    Action: Fire Magic Stone
    Magic Stone: 1d20+7 9
    Damage: 1d6+4 8
    Bonus Action: Cast Magic Stone (3/3, 10r)
    Reaction:
    Conditions:
    Concentration:
    Inspiration:


    Mini Stats

    Initiative: +2
    Perception: +4
    Speed: 25
    AC: 16
    HP: 34/34HD: 5/5d8+2

    Spells
    Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
    Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
    1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
    2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
    3) 0/2 Dispel Magic


    Party Loot



    Goals



    Party

    U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
    Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
    Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
    Orin - warbred mastermind rogue



Similar Threads

  1. Talls Strongholds and Followers adventure - closed for now
    By TallIan in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd July, 2019, 02:25 PM
  2. Talls S&F - Known Ratcatchers
    By TallIan in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Tuesday, 8th January, 2019, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •