Artificer UA to be released in February

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
we are half way through February...

I live 6.5 miles from WotC. My neighborhood is just getting plowed today. I've had dozens of neighbors not leave their house since over a week ago. The local school district hasn't had a full day of school this month.

The main roads here are fine, but neighborhoods are still quite bad.

A majority of their podcasts and streams were done from home rather than the offices. Several were just cancelled.

lkj

Hero
It's also worth noting that on one of their twitch shows at the end of January, Jeremy said it would be coming sometime in February but probably not the first week and possibly not until the end of the month. So they had never anticipated it coming out early in the month, even before the snowstorm. Probably they should have had the main wizard twitter drop that tidbit in the original announcement. But so it goes.

AD

guachi

Hero
Yet another viewpoint is that after five years some people have still failed to take responsibility for their own game.

Did you pay any money for any 5e product? Then you have failed to take responsibility for your own game. Instead, you have relied on others to do the work for you.

It's also worth noting that on one of their twitch shows at the end of January, Jeremy said it would be coming sometime in February but probably not the first week and possibly not until the end of the month. So they had never anticipated it coming out early in the month, even before the snowstorm. Probably they should have had the main wizard twitter drop that tidbit in the original announcement. But so it goes.

UA articles are normally released the second Monday of the month, sometimes the third, but Crawford tweeted last Monday (the second Monday of the month) that it would come out the last week of the month, instead of the usual time. To me, that means on the 25th, so no one freak out tomorrow when it does not release.

D

DQDesign

To me, that means on the 25th, so no one freak out tomorrow when it does not release.

don't worry, after four years of waiting no one will freak on poor soft wotc even if they shift the release on March. it is only another iteration of playtesting, after all, not the real thing... so who cares? moreover, anyone knows that is possible podcasting from home during the blizzard, but putting pdfs online is not so easy, obviously.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
don't worry, after four years of waiting no one will freak on poor soft wotc even if they shift the release on March. it is only another iteration of playtesting, after all, not the real thing... so who cares? moreover, anyone knows that is possible podcasting from home during the blizzard, but putting pdfs online is not so easy, obviously.

*Please* just give it a rest. This crusade of yours is starting to make this forum less pleasant for other.

D

DQDesign

*Please* just give it a rest. This crusade of yours is starting to make this forum less pleasant for other.

it is a honor being 'invited' to shut up by the boss here, and a very unpleasant thing. anyway, I did not realise being so important to spoil the forum experience for someone here. anyway, I will not talk anymore about that, for what I care other people can freely continue to believe that the only perfect beings on earth are wotc employees.
me, regardless of your censorship (or maybe more because of it), will still continue considering them fallible humans, with their work influenced by luck, emotive random choices, not-so-good plans and all other factors which normally influence the lives of normal humand like we, and they, are.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
anyway, I did not realise being so important to spoil the forum experience for someone here.

It isn't about being "important". It is about how often you make similar comments. How consistently you bang on the same drum in everyone's face, and so on. Being dogged to the point of dogma's a drag.

The same can be said for more than one poster in this thread. Same song, different day.

A discussion board is at its best when people are exchanging new ideas. If your idea is not new, if it is just a retread of things you've already said before, you aren't really "discussing" any more. You are venting or pontificating. And, well, how much do you enjoy it when people blather on to you about the same thing they've said before seven times? Probably not too much. You probably sigh, roll your eyes, and check your watch a lot, like everyone else on the planet.

On top of that... some people have this weird idea that EN World has some sort of outsized influence on WotC. We have no evidence that this is true. Complaining about WotC here... is just complaining to people who have no notable influence or ability to enact change. If you actually want WotC to know you don't like what they do, you have to take that message to WotC. It is largely wasted here.

D

DQDesign

[MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION]

thanks for your clarifications.
I hope you and [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] will keep consistently writing the same things, in MOD or ADMIN mode, to anyone who routinely writes that everything wotc does is utterly perfect, especially when they contradict themselves. also because, you know, we have no influence on wotc, so it is useless to always write that the standard approach here is appreciating what they do always and ever.

the amazing thing for me is that you supposed that I write those things here in the hope wotc could be influenced by them, when I never wrote that anywhere. I would explain the real reason behind that, but you made assumptions on me before asking, so I think you are not interested in it.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases