Barbarian - many attacks on prone enemies?

Abelard

Villager
Hi. I'm playing my first 4e barbarian (level 11), and am statting him out. I'm intrigued by the feat support for attacking prone enemies, and had already been thinking of using a polearm. But for full advantage, I'd have to attack the target while they are still pone. Does that kind of thing happen a lot - where someone gets knocked down, and then decides to stay there for a round or two? I'd think they get right back up (sure, it usually costs them their move *and* standard action, which is a bummer). Thanks.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
The best answer I can give you here is that 4e really, really shines when you build a party.

And this is probably the best example of it : there are many ways to impose all the different status available, and most last until the end of your next round. So for most things, you can make a setup and profit from it on your own.

Prone is one of the very few that, realistically, requires some assistance. If you've got a buddy or two that can prone reliably... Well then, you're off to the races!

TL;DR - no. Prone is one of those conditions that are very, very hard to make stick for a whole round on your lonesome. BUT it's "easy" to have a friend that does it reliably.

darkbard

Legend
This may draw a little more attention in the Char Op forum as prone is certainly a standard Char Op trick. I think [MENTION=12749]MwaO[/MENTION] still checks there pretty regularly.

Remove ads