The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye levels his gun at the woman, and says: "You're coming with us, toots. Don't make the same mistake your boss did. Smart-alec comments will get you shot. You have one chance to comply. I do not play around."

Hawkeye intends to throw the woman over his shoulder and carry her out, fireman style.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: #89: Awarded 5 + 1 saved = 6. Spent 4 to raise Aberrative to 5. Spent 2 to raise Divination to 3.

Since neither downed enforcer appears to be dead, Trollick will bodily lift and carry whichever one is physically smaller as he heads for the exit. Feeling no remorse or compassion for the foe, he will leach what life he can as he retreats. If he sense the person stops breathing, he will drop the body in the street.
[sblock=Mystic Assault]Leach = Essence + Collegiate + Confluence = 28
Effectiveness = 18(bending) + 28(leach) + 75(d100) = 121[/sblock]

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd watches his friends and Obrik head out. He then turns to see the Scarlet Pip guards approach, climbing the stadium-like stairs. Syd backs out quickly, but with practiced agility so as not to stumble. Before he gets to the exit, he turns and bolts to catch up with the others, glancing back and around to make sure there is no sneak attack or ambush...or, if they get too close too quickly, he can lay some cover fire or a kill shot if need be.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly Post: 5 xp

Dead Lions Aren’t Much Fun

Trollick grabs Enforcer 3 and lugs him over his shoulder as the Runners make their escape.
[sblock=Leach] Trollick: 121 Enforcer: 102= 3 Body gained, Body 5+3=8 [/sblock]
Trollick can feel that his victim has stronger than normal magic resistance but he still feels his physical self rejuvenate as he leaches the lifeforce.

Enforcer 2 puts her hands up and quietly goes along. The Runners and Obrik emerge from the arena by the same door they entered to find Shatterframe waiting for them with the car doors open. Trollick drops Enforcer 3 since there won’t be enough room for him, Obrik, and Enforcer 2. The group quickly pile into the sedan, cramped now with the extra passengers, and Shatterframe pulls away as the arena security exits the building. Since the bouncers are carrying melee weapons, not guns, the Runners do not see the need to fire warning shots at them.

Over the vehicle sound system Shatterframe says, “We’re not being tracked.”

Squeezed in between the seats, Obrik says, “So, to fill in the rest of the gaps, as you know I belong to a group of druids called the Bright Leaf Society, and this nasty slitch here,” he points at the prisoner, “belongs to a gang of necromancers, namely the Dead Lions. They illegally profit from the arena fights, use the pieces of the dead creatures that they want for their own magic, and sell the rest. Of course, they pay off the HPD, lead by Captain Towers, to look the other way. Taking on the HPD isn’t an option. Even if we expose Towers and her crew as taking bribes the rest of the HPD will just want in on the action and will kill us to protect their image. We can, however, take out as many of the Dead Lions as we can.”

Your prisoner snickers and says, “Our ‘gang’ is much more organized than you realize, tree-humper. Get as many licks in as you can, but all of you are dead.”

State intentions and any questions you have for the prisoner.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Musing inwardly for a moment, Hawkeye comes up with a plan: ~Before she'll answer any questions, she has to fear us. We need to make her think that we're mercenary and savage. If she believes we're do-gooders, she'll defy every attempt at getting information. We need to make her think we'll kill her if she doesn't cooperate.~

Hawkeye snorts, "In the same way that you claim we are underestimating YOU, you are underestimating US. Do you know why the rich get richer, and the powerful become more powerful, while the less fortunate continue to wallow in mediocrity? It's because they see CLEARLY what they want, and they take it. That's what we do. We're not the good guys; we're the school yard bullies. We're the ones who are going to take your milk money. All that you and your friends are to us, is a paycheck. We're going to ask you some questions now. If you don't want to get shot in the head and dumped in the river, you'll answer them."

OOC: Intimidate: base roll = 83.

Waynan

Adventurer
Upon hearing Hawkeye's declaration, Syd reinforces it by coming up behind her, blade against her neck just enough to nick the skin to draw a droplet of blood and sucks in air through his teeth and tongue (a la Hannibal Lector in "Silence of the Lambs").

Last edited:

MacConnell

OOC: Spent 5 to raise Aberrative to 6.

Trollick speaks to the captive in a calm factual voice. "At this point we have no interest in your gang, specifically. There was a family of four killed and buried by one of the structural supports. We are hired to kill those responsible and only those. Can you provide information that will expedite this task so there is less chance of further interference in your other activities.?"
[sblock=Negotiate]18(negotiate) + 35(tranquility) + 78(d100) = 131[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly Post: 2 xp (you have risen to a level of skill that makes you formidable. Xp rewards per post will be lower from now on)

It’s A Dirty Job, But It Might As Well Be You Getting Paid For It

Shatterframe keeps the crammed sedan on the freeway to keep anyone from getting a fix on Enforcer 2’s location. Obrik falls silent, letting the Runners do their job.

[sblock=Intimidate] Hawkeye: (Aggression+Obscurative+Analysis)= 59+83(d100)+25(Syd assist)=167, Enforcer 2: 80+50=130 [/sblock]

Enforcer 2 does not immediately respond to the threats, but the Runners can tell they got into her head. She swallows to steady her nerves and says, “It’s not that I think that you won’t kill me, but in order for you to get what you want I have to fear you more than Scarlet Pips. I don’t. You can only kill me once, but Scarlet Pips can kill me, wake me up, and kill me again over and over just to put the fear of disloyalty in the rest of the Dead Lions.”

[sblock=Negotiate] Trollick: Readiness+Negotiate+Tranquility=74+78=152, Enforcer 2: 80+14(d100)-37(Intimidated)=57 [/sblock]

The sinister threats of Syd Vicious and Hawkeye coupled with the calm offer of a way out from Trollick breaks Enforcer 2’s will.

She opens her mouth, swallows to steady her nerves again, and says, “Scarlet Pips hired outside the gang to do the Billingtons, cause he didn’t want the blowback in case this went sideways. A couple of scabs called Mandi Pinkins and Grebeto Glitterface (the two you already have a file on) killed the family. They did the father right away, but they took their time with the mother and the kids. They did gross stuff. I’m a necromancer and I consider those two the worst kind of slime. Captain Towers saw what they did to the family, but she covered it up like she was supposed to. The problem is HPD has a reputation for looking the other way, but if this gets out it could cause a crackdown by the city council. If they had just killed the family it would be one thing, business is business after all, but the rape/torture, especially of the kids, would be too much. If it gets out, Towers won’t just lose her career over this, she’ll lose her head.”

Enforcer 2 smiles at the Runners and says, “But y’all don’t care about that. This is just work for you, I get it. Listen, you’ve got me dead to rights, but if the Dead Lions find out I squealed it will be just as bad for me as it will be for Towers. I know where Pinkins and Glitterface are holed up waiting for the heat to die down and I’ll give you the address if you agree to let me go. Then you can try and navigate your way through the Dead Lions protecting them and the HPD trying to protect their own butts. Who knows, you guys might actually live to fulfill the contract.”

She gets a sly gleam in her eyes, “On the other hand, I’ll pay you twice what your contract is on Pinkins and Glitterface right now to let me out of the car, drive off and go back to your lives. You can just say you never found them.”

State intentions and give me a list of 5 rolls. You don’t have to state what they’re for, I’ll use them as needed.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Trollick frowns at the last comment and thinks to himself, ~like that is going to happen. Ha!~

He pulls his com-device from its pocket and sends a group message to his two friends. He does not want to share his thoughts with the prisoner. He texts, "I have no problem letting this person go, even if it means we may find ourselves future enemies. We should get the address, finish the contract, then release her. It is very likely, upon release, that her own people will do her harm."
[sblock=Random Rolls]98 + 49, 89, 17, 87, 97 + 60[/sblock]

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd backs away from the enforcer, sheaths his sword, but keeps his machine pistol at the ready.
He quietly waits to see where this is going.

Remove ads