D&D General Color Maps for Virtual Tabletops by Me

DrMapzo

Villager
This week I bring you an Enchanted Forest, which is perfect for a Feywild expedition or campaign. It most prominently features a large tree which you can create magical properties for. It sits atop some elevated terrain so the party will have to get creative to get to it. You could also use it as an entrance to a dungeon: in this scenario the party mught need to look for a hidden doorway (physical or magical) that's in or around the tree's vecinity.
There's also plenty of places to hide, like a crooked tree on the top left of the map. I added a variety of elevations as well for a more dynamic experience.

EnchantedForestU.jpg

DrMapzo

Villager
This week's battle map is a lonely wizard's cabin that's deep in the forest. I was thinking that it could be the perfect map for that time the party has to seek the old hermit sage who can help them on their latest quest, but only if they manage to defeat them.

There's plenty of stuff to play around inside the cabin: books, potions of dubious origin, some experiments going on and more!

Wizard'sCabinU.jpg

DrMapzo

Villager
Hello, everyone!

This week I made a Magic Library. The map features some magical objects scattered around in displays that you can use for whatever you might come up with: scrying, lost artifacts, travel between planes, you name it. There's the skeleton of a dragon that can come up to life by a spell gone awry or as part of the library's magical defenses!

Like any good library there's also lots and lots of books, so the adventurers are certain to find that elusive tome they have been missing. And don't forget that they shouldn't cast any fireballs inside, as that's a sure-fire way of having their library cards suspended, so that's why they should take their battles to the courtyard instead.

MagicLibraryU.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hello, all!
This week I bring you a Labyrinthine Dungeon, perfect for misleading the party into dangerous encounters of your choosing. To the left of the map there's a pool made of a strange green ichor that has a couple alligators in it (that could be alive or dead).

This map could be used when, as a punishment, the local lord inflicts upon the party for something they did.

LabyrinthineDungeonU.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hey, all!

This week I decided to make an old fort in ruins that's inspired by old Roman architecture. The fort is partially flooded so you can put it in a swampy area or even inside a big underground network of tunnels (old fort of an extinct Drow culture, perhaps).

The structure itself features several levels as to make assaulting and defending the fort more fun and dynamic. I think the place is kind of creepy looking, so it's perfect for placing some undead or bizarre-looking creatures to defend it.

FortRuinsU.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hey, everyone!

Today I bring you a nice little Elf Village, with plenty of buildings scattered around the trees. I think the layout presents a very interesting challenge for combat, where lots of climbing and jumping is possible, so more acrobatic characters in the party (or their enemies) can have more impact on the battle due to their mobility.

It can be used as a handout too, so your players have an easier time picturing a village deep inside the forest and where the shops and places of interest you deem appropriate are.

ElfVillageU.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hello everyone!

Today I bring you a Castle Entrance; It's a fairly standard castle with a moat, bridge and towers, so hopefully you can use it for many situations where the players have to storm a castle (or defend it!). I suggest placing some alligators or similar creatures living on the moat for some for additional fun times. Oh, and don't forget the burning oil for defending the walls!

CastleEntranceU.jpg

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I love your style in these. The top down perspective effect is very effective. I imagine you cook these up in Photoshop?

DrMapzo

Villager
I love your style in these. The top down perspective effect is very effective. I imagine you cook these up in Photoshop?

That's correct, they're done completely in Photoshop :).

And this week's battle map is another dungeon! I really wanted to make some catacombs for quite a while, so I hope that you guys are in the mood for some underground undead slaying action. Or ghost slaying, maybe?

Anyway, I wanted to evoke a feeling of claustrophobia with this one, so I opted for many long narrow hallways. If you're not fond of chokepoints in combat you could place many traps scattered about and have the party successfully reach the exit while taking the least amount of damage.

CatacombsU.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hey, all!

This time I have made for you a small church/temple. Besides the main room the map features a couple of study rooms where I envision the local clerics pass most of their time analyzing their holy scriptures.

There's also a flight of stairs which can be accessed from outside that go to the basement of the temple . Who knows, maybe in this particular place of worship not everything is as it seems and there's a secret cult running things so the party has to find the truth down there.

ChurchU.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases