Yet another Ghostbusters movie

[video=youtube;g4lT3LEimWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lT3LEimWk[/video]

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/16/18185309/ghostbusters-sequel-jason-reitman-2020

Sony Pictures has tapped Jason Reitman (the son of Ivan Reitman, who directed the original 1984 film) to direct a sequel set in the world of the original Ghostbusters. It’s planned for a summer 2020 release.

Looks like it will ignore 2016...it was an okay movie IMO, but to me it didn't feel like the cast had the same chemistry as the original cast did.

He tells EW, “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

and Reitman is looking to cast two male and two female teenagers for the film.

If it's aiming for a 2020 release it's gonna be quickly done....so my hopes are low..low enough that you could step over the bar....

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
and Reitman is looking to cast two male and two female teenagers for the film..

all they need to do is make one of the male teens a stoner with a pet greart dane

37c40c1f8497ae93e793da20d45b35cb.jpg

I'm tempted to say that it would be really hard for this to be worse than the recent reboot, but I guess I shouldn't underestimate the incompetence of Sony.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
While I’m not one of those who insist the original team reform (one’s dead, and have you *seen* how old Bill Murray is now?) I’m also not keen on the teenagers approach.

This bit of art pretty succinctly illustrates my feelings on that:

1391.jpg

I enjoyed the female-led reboot quite a bit. I do think not connecting it to the original two films was a mistake. But completely ignoring it with this new film seems pretty darn tone-deaf in this day and age.

While I’m not one of those who insist the original team reform (one’s dead, and have you *seen* how old Bill Murray is now?) I’m also not keen on the teenagers approach.

Remove ads