Star Trek Discovery not getting any better I fear.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like the look of the Klingons in this episode, but I’m finding them really hard to understand. I need subtitles!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My mom might need subtitles also. If she has trouble with Brits speaking English, she'll have trouble with the Klingons.

The Klingon story line was good. My complaint is they tried to fit too many stories into the episode. Keep the Klingons, but drop one of the others. You could always pick it up the next week. I figure there will be a Tilly centered episode anyway, because I don't think alien May is finished with her.

The statement was made on Nerdrotic that Discovery has ruined the Spock character. Anyone agree? Is crazy homicidal Spock something that could have happened? I think his commitment was part of his investigation, not a result of it.

Hussar

Legend
I think it is way too early to tell. Who knows what the Spock storyline is going to be?

But that won’t stop folks from cluttering up YouTube to tell all and sundry how bad the show is. :(

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Most of them think they won after Anson Mount's tweet. They're absolutely giddy thinking the show is cancelled. I will be disappointed to find out the show is cancelled. I might even start one of campaigns where you flood the CBS offices with letters and stuff. Should we start mailing Spock ears as a sign of support?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Most of them think they won after Anson Mount's tweet. They're absolutely giddy thinking the show is cancelled. I will be disappointed to find out the show is cancelled. I might even start one of campaigns where you flood the CBS offices with letters and stuff. Should we start mailing Spock ears as a sign of support?

That sounds more like a threat being delivered by an interstellar organized crime family. Just sayin’.

Mallus

Legend
I make no bones about not liking the show, but misconstruing one tweet to bury a show is ridiculous.
Discovery seems to have built up a very vocal anti-fandom who are determined to spread any bit of bad news about the show, real or otherwise. Not sure if that says anything about the show itself or just the state of fandom(s) on social media today. Then again, there's real-world money in negative hot takes, so maybe that's all there is to say about that.

Here's my quick rating of the season 2 eps:
1. Very Good
2. Great
3. Bad Game of Thrones Episode in Space (so still pretty good for TV...)
4. Very Good (but Saru ? Burnham 'death' scene went on too long, lost impact)

The title of this thread is definitely getting further from reality with every new episode. Oh, well, maybe not, because it's about someone's fears, not reality.

Loved Episode 4. Maybe a bit too packed. Only weakness in my opinion was the Burnham/Saru scene, it didn't feel as earned as the standing bridge crew scene. Maybe Mallus describes it good with too long as well. Still, great episode.

So far the show is living up to my personal hype for the second season.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another good episode, but I’m getting impatient for Spock.

And is that two episodes in a row Tilly was taken over by an alien entity?

Remove ads