Star Trek Discovery not getting any better I fear.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Nelix was annoying but I still found him endearing. His relationship with Tuvok was fun to watch sometimes.

I haven't heard if Netflix will carry Discovery season 3 or not.

Ryujin

Legend
Nelix was annoying but I still found him endearing. His relationship with Tuvok was fun to watch sometimes.

I haven't heard if Netflix will carry Discovery season 3 or not.

I think that Nelix redeemed himself somewhat, toward the end of the series, but I also found him hugely annoying. The "Tuvix" episode was particularly good, or at least much better than much of the rest. On second watch I also started to see past the "Borgwatch" aspects of Seven of Nine, and realized that they were using the character to tell some pretty compelling stories. Overall, though, Voyager is my second least favourite of the Trek series, leaving Disco right out of it.

Hussar

Legend
If canon is important to you and you don't like it when the writers ignore stuff, then, do NOT watch later Voyager. I'm really not a canon guy (shock, surprise), but, even I am looking at the last couple of seasons and going, "WTF?"

Mallus

Legend
Stick with Voyager or switch to TNG season 1?
The only thing really worth watching in TNG season 1 is the opener, "Encounter at Farpoint". No, make that 'required viewing' for the way it bookends the series finale "All Good Things", which is one of TNG's best episodes.

Here's the thing about Voyager: it has some excellent episodes, but also some of the worst in the franchise. If I were starting cold with VOY, I'd watch the first few eipsodes to get a handle on the characters and premise, then read a few 'top 10/best of' lists and run through those.

Ryujin

Legend
The only thing really worth watching in TNG season 1 is the opener, "Encounter at Farpoint". No, make that 'required viewing' for the way it bookends the series finale "All Good Things", which is one of TNG's best episodes.

Here's the thing about Voyager: it has some excellent episodes, but also some of the worst in the franchise. If I were starting cold with VOY, I'd watch the first few eipsodes to get a handle on the characters and premise, then read a few 'top 10/best of' lists and run through those.

I'd say that's good advice. That way you'll likely avoid the episodes in which virtually the entire crew should have been spaced for mutiny.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases