A New D&D Book in 2019: Acquisitions Incorporated Dungeon Manual!

Penny Arcade is Releasing an Officially Liscensed Third Party D&D Book Apparently, Penny Arcade is releasing a fully licensed book about Acquisitions, Inc. https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/18/dungeons-and-dragons-penny-arcade-acquisitions-inc-dungeon-manual/

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
"Getting to put our stamp on a little corner of the Forgotten Realms."

Am I the only one who doesn't like that Aquistions Inc. is officially canon in FR?

You are not. I think their goofyness is great to watch and read, but doesn't fit other lore of the FR well.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix

Am I the only one who doesn't like that Aquistions Inc. is officially canon in FR?

Probably not a deal breaker, but I dont like it, no. I dont want any elements from anyone home game in my home game, be it Greenwood, Mercer or PA.

I just dont use those elements.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Probably not a deal breaker, but I dont like it, no. I dont want any elements from anyone home game in my home game, be it Greenwood, Mercer or PA.

If you play in the FR, you use elements of Ed Greenwood's home games. And probably those of several current D&D designers, too.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
If you play in the FR, you use elements of Ed Greenwood's home games. And probably those of several current D&D designers, too.

Not to mention various author's "home books" as it were. Quite a lot of historical information about various areas and characters comes directly from things written in the FR novel line.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem

I love it that they have managed to become canon in FR. Like they say in your quote, it is just a little corner of the Forgotten Realms.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I love the antics of Patrick Rothfuss. It's bled over to the c-team where Patrick texts the players with crazy ideas for them to try and in the process infuriate Jerry Holkins.

Yes, I grew to really enjoy Patrick Rothfuss in the games. I especially liked the contrived favoritism that he received from Chris Perkins. It was always funny to see the rest of the players complaining about that.

I've made this point before, but there is no "canon" FR. WotC publish (or support, now) a variety of reference materials, much of which is mutually contradictory. So every table's FR is a unique version of the setting. If the DM thinks something is too goofy for their version they can simply rule it out.

ccs

41st lv DM

Um, ok. So please explain how you even play D&D.
You know, since all of this bubbled out of the original home games of Gygax/Arneson/etc.

Remove ads

Remove ads