Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Chapter#2

Kaodi

Hero
"I am sure Bolt will be thrilled by the company of so many of those desert beasts," says Antony dryly. He takes a long look at the scroll. "Alas, I am not skilled enough to add it to my repertoire."

Shayuri

First Post
Setis peers curiously at the scroll, then shakes her head. Her reaction to the sword is very similar.

"I'll guide us," she says. "Who can't see well by starlight?"

Kaodi

Hero
"Well I can usually tell which way I am going by looking at the stars," answers Antony. "But I suppose that is not quite the same thing as being able to see well by their illumination alone."

If there is no other planning, no one said no to the camels so you'll have seven camels (two pack camels) taking you into the foothills of the mountains. Someone needs to roll a few survival checks to see how fast you move each day.

[MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5044]Chairwoman Gene[/MENTION]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Janivel feels out of place traveling in the desert, and is unskilled in survival tactics, so she contents herself with keeping an eye out. She also lets Siobhan have the shortsword, sticking with her dagger.

The first two days there are a lot of unusual valleys that make it easy to go off course. On the fourth day, afternoon, the group finds themselves in the foothills of the Pale Mountain. Looking at the map you were given the tomb should be up the mountain eight to ten miles. Looking at the mountain there is a large sand flat with a river running along the north side of it. The tomb is above the sand flat and the river and although they aren't on the map, you can see in the distance evidence of switchback trails above the river that might lead to the tomb.

The old road you are traveling on becomes narrow and thorny bushes encroach on it. The entire foothill is covered in thorny bushes. There are no obvious trails up the mountain from here.

GM: Everyone roll perception

Remove ads