Shatner, Wheaton & More In D&D Themed Big Bang Theory Episode

Dungeons & Dragons has featured on The Big Bang Theory plenty of times. Now, in its final season, the show will feature an entire episode themed around D&D, guest starring epic geek icons like William Shatner (Star Trek), Will Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (basketball), Joe Manganiello (True Blood), and Kevin Smith (Jay and Silent Bob).

Dungeons & Dragons has featured on The Big Bang Theory plenty of times. Now, in its final season, the show will feature an entire episode themed around D&D, guest starring epic geek icons like William Shatner (Star Trek), Will Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (basketball), Joe Manganiello (True Blood), and Kevin Smith (Jay and Silent Bob).

EF51E2F9-17EE-49F6-B7D7-170529A99AF1.jpeg

bbttnd.jpg

They've played D&D many times on the show

Whether all of those guest stars will actually play the game is not known. A short teaser was released on Twitter a couple of days ago. Some of them we know are tabletop gamers (Wheaton, Manganiello), and Manganiello is an avid D&D superfan.

The date of the episode is not yet confirmed, but the show is halfway through its final season, so it can't be too far off.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
How refreshing, 3 of 6 comments with a negative spin!

How about we we appreciate what many think is a funny show mentioning the characters of the show being D&D fans and having it in any way on a show with such national reach is a good thing. Or we can complain that they are using a 4e dm screen or some other tidbit...try a little positivity, it’s contagious more so than the negative stuff.

Im looking forwatd to it, the Santa Christmas dnd episode was fun stuff too.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I’d be a lot more excited if this happened on a show that didn’t present as horrendously negative of a portrayal of a community I identify with.

Or if Shatner were in any way still relevant or respectable.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who identify as nerds profess to love this show, let alone tolerate it.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I like the show quite a lot, and I don't think it presents a negative portrayal of nerds or D&D.
I also love Shatner and think he's plenty relevant and I give him respect. He just came out with a Christmas album in fact, and my friend can be heard on it!
I also like sports.
I also liked Twlight.

Isn't it nice that this is a hobby that attracts people with a variety of tastes, and we don't gatekeep who is and is not allowed to show D&D being played, or like D&D?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads