Kickstarter POWERED by the DREAMR, a PbtA RPG Zine on Kickstarter

POWERED by the DREAMR is a full Powered by the Apocalypse tabletop roleplaying game in a zine, and it’s live on Kickstarter. In POWERED by the DREAMR, you are a Dreamr who possesses limitless powers within dreams. Until you wake up, you travel between the subconscious of sleepers living out their dreams, searching out their secrets, or battling nightmares. Set in a dream state you and your friends collaborate on, this game maximizes the narrative rules to give each dream a surreal quality. As you navigate an ever-evolving environment of dream logic, your Moves will lead to success, reveal hidden truths, or unleash your character’s nightmares.

Using a variant of the Powered by the Apocalypse phenomenon (originally seen in Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts 2, Dungeon World, and more), this game keeps dreams vibrant and varied via random questions that alter the fantasy or reveal a characters personal demons. You decide the dream objectives you must complete before the sleeper wakes. Will you combat a supernatural killer? Steal secrets? Defend the sleeper from dream stealers? Inspire a life altering idea for the sleeper? Live out your dream life? Or something completely your own?

As a part of Kickstarter’s February initiative, #ZineQuest, this project is the debut solo tabletop roleplaying game by RPG journalist, Egg Embry (Knights of the Dinner Table, EN World (Hey!), Open Gaming Network, Tessera Guild). Making an RPG via Kickstarter is his dream manifest. With PDFs of the full game at just $5, or $12 for the print zine and PDF, you can share in his fantasy by checking out the POWERED by the DREAMR Kickstarter at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eggembry/powered-by-the-dreamr-a-pbta-rpg-zinequest