New "Stranger Things" D&D Starter Set Announced

That's really freaking cool! Thanks heaps for sharing, bro.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Why is nobody asking why the listing is basically one giant typo?
i See no typo in this Stranger thing themed of dungeons & Dragons. maybe you are just not used to reading english as she is MEANT to be spoke. but you know what they say, to craunch the marmoset is to make paps for the cat.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
My Basic and Expert sets purchased in 1984 and 1985 came with dice and a crayon. The Red Box Basic Set I purchased from ebay to replace my heavily used set came with a crayon (BRAND NEW!) and dice (UNCOLORED!)

My bad, I thought all the Mentzer B & E sets came with filled dice—they did later on.

Oofta

Legend
Maybe there will be a surprise twist for season 3 of Stranger Things where they go on a D&D themed roller coaster and somehow end up fighting Venger.

Now that would be worth watching!

GreyLord

Legend
I think the box is based on the the BECMI sets or the BECMI Basic set.

That set of dice this one is based on is from the sets which actually were better than the very soft plastic of earlier D&D (B/X) sets and had a decent set of dice comparable to most dice of the time. You could color in the numbers but it was not necessary.

Thus, I don't believe you are going to get a waxy plastic set of dull colored dice where you cannot see the numbers as well as you can in later types of dice.

Just my initial impressions.

Remove ads

Remove ads