Do you want Greyhawk updated to 5e?

Do you want Greyhawk updated to 5e?

• Yes! Greyhawk should be updated to the current edition.

Votes: 92 56.4%
  • No! That sounds like a terrible idea.

Votes: 40 24.5%
  • I refuse to answer polls that value my opinion.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other (will explain the comments why I can't answer yes or no to a yes or no question)

Votes: 24 14.7%

• Poll closed .

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Ok, let's see. For all of you who say we don't need an updated Greyhawk because we have all we need at hand. Let's put that to test.

Can you put together a list of DNDClassics products that captures the best and most interesting/useful parts of the setting? And let's have, say a $30 budget -the average price one can get a book at Amazon-. Is it doable?

Hussar

Legend
Would love to see it.

Doubt it will happen until such time as WotC has strip-mined the setting for every nostalgia laden bit it can.

fjw70

Adventurer
I wouldn’t mind them publishing stuff set in GH. I don’t really want a setting book. I don’t use setting books much, except for general info about the countries/regions and I have that for Greyhawk already. My current campaign is currently in Greyhawk. It started as a Spelljammer campaign and now the players are stranded in Greyhawk. They have ran through a few Greyhawk modules converted from 1e and now are running through DotMM repurposed as the dungeons under Castle Greyhawk.

In summary, I don’t need any new Greyhawk material but wouldn’t be upset if I got it.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I have no interest in Greyhawk, so no, I don't really want to see it updated to 5e.

That said, while I would prefer other settings ahead of Greyhawk (Spelljammer, Planescape, etc.) I see no good reason to deny fans of Greyhawk an update to a setting they love.

So, no . . . and yes.

Quickleaf

Legend
?

They’re not?

I think it's an interesting question. My answer is probably "other" as in, yes I think it would be great see Greyhawk realized in some form in 5e, but not necessarily released as a full-blown setting like the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. I really like that they're having active discussions with Luke Gygax about Greyhawk.

Here's what I see...

cLz2Tsc.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah but a faithful adaption not cartoon anything goes. Gritty, grey, maybe racial restrictions perhaps relaxed for PCs if they must.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases